Discuss how much are you charging to fit central heating system?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys...just wondering how much you guys are charging to fit a central heating system (labour only).
ive got a 7 rad system to fit with a combi in a 2 storey bungalow...stripping out old one pipe system...and get this one old baxi boiler.....and one one main instantaneous water heater!! which i found strange to have in a small bungalow!!
Probabaly will take me 2/3 days.

the way i price heating jobs is type of boiler fitting and all materials needed once i have that i add my labour and mark up. and then get beaten on price by the undercutting cowboys.

labour only work is no good in my opinion, customer usually gets wrong boiler/rads/valves/flue or just get the cheapest crap out there, and then wants you the fitter/expert to do a cheap job, supply and fit mate, then you can have a mark up on materials, to cover any problems and help pay for gas courses/training courses/rising fuel costs and whatever else the goverment can get out of us or better still come chairman of a bank and pick up big fat bonuses. (am on one today)

200 a day/plus 60 to cover fittings used,if its an empty bungalow,with plenty of room under floor ,dream job

are you doing it all yourself or paying a guy to run pipe, hang rads while you connect up etc? this will need to be built into price!

That sounds like a lot of work for 3 days,I guess that's using plastic pipe? I'd want at least £1000 to rip out and install a new heating system,I'm always wary of customers that want to supply all materials,it usually means they want EVERYTHING cheap.

Edit: I bet you won't be able to keep the scrap either!

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless of the work it £360 per day plus materials plus travel

the problem with labour only is they know how much your making and usually if u want the same as you would make supply and fit they will think it is way to much and want to pay you half what you'd normally make.

£800 ESTIMATED!!!!!!
problem when customer supplies normally means its a nightmare scenario as they think they know enough to help you so cover your butt with hassle money, If they question the price then explain your names on the gas cert at the end , personally if they dont like it they can lump it ( estimate always involves removal of scrap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how much are you charging to fit central heating system?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock