Search the forum,

Discuss How do you get into the column of a Daryl Hydra shower? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

K

Krissy

I have an old Hydra Daryl integrated screen & shower. Unfortunately it’s leaking in the column through into my kitchen ceiling! I’ve had a plumber round to try & see what’s wrong but he couldn’t get into the column!! There is only 1 grub screw on one of the controls but it seems that front part of the column should come off. Anyone know how to get into it? Many thanks

I have similar problem with my Daryl Hydracadia shower. I can't get into the column or remove the cartridges. Showerdoc say they might have spare parts but want me to remove cartridges to show them. I can't find any grub screws. Did you ever find the solution?

I have a similar shower. Daryl Hydracadia corner column. Also leaking if not on "head " setting and temp and flow valves not working. Showerdoc say they might have spare parts but I need to remove cartridges or open up column to show them. I can't find any grub screws ...can you help. Did you find out how to open up the column?

Attachments

• 16535596152518398555991341515755.jpg
    16535596152518398555991341515755.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 16535596285457594833032937257160.jpg
    16535596285457594833032937257160.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 16535596551664925381173140768808.jpg
    16535596551664925381173140768808.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 22
Wondering if the indice in the centre of the contol and temp valves either unscrew or pop out much like those on a bath/ basin tap can.

I have a similar shower. Daryl Hydracadia corner column. Also leaking if not on "head " setting and temp and flow valves not working. Showerdoc say they might have spare parts but I need to remove cartridges or open up column to show them. I can't find any grub screws ...can you help. Did you find out how to open up the column?

You cannot gain access from the front.
Remove the black cap at the top of the column and look down inside, you will see a laser cut ‘W’ bracket with 4 short screws. Remove the screws and then pull the complete column forward from the top and it will unclip. You can then disconnect the push fit pipes and then remove the column completely. On the back you then disconnect the various pipes and make a note of the current settings on the controls on the front. Then remove the 4 securing screws holding the flow/temp/diverter assembly and pull the complete assembly out. Replace any parts you need to, you may will have difficulty sourcing them!

Reverse the above to reinstall making sure the controls all line up in the same place as when you removed them. You may well find that some of the 10mm push fittings leak when you reinstall it so best to have some spares.

The above is quite complex, take photos as you go along. If you struggle to get hold of the parts you need send me a message as I may be able to help.

Remove the black cap at the top of the column and look down inside, you will see a laser cut ‘W’ bracket with 4 short screws. Remove the screws and then pull the complete column forward from the top and it will unclip. You can then disconnect the push fit pipes and then remove the column completely. On the back you then disconnect the various pipes and make a note of the current settings on the controls on the front. Then remove the 4 securing screws holding the flow/temp/diverter assembly and pull the complete assembly out. Replace any parts you need to, you may will have difficulty sourcing them!

Reverse the above to reinstall making sure the controls all line up in the same place as when you removed them. You may well find that some of the 10mm push fittings leak when you reinstall it so best to have some spares.

The above is quite complex, take photos as you go along. If you struggle to get hold of the parts you need send me a message as I may be able to help.
Thanks, your advice was 100 percent correct and actually pretty straightforward. I found 3 problems. 1 of the push fit pipes was leaking. That's an easy fix. The 2 main problems were worn and broken plastic temp spline 204292. And plastic flow spline 200342. I found a place to buy the flow spline. But the temp spline 204292 is discontinued and I can't find online. Can you help find 1?

HI - newbie here...
I have the Daryl Hydra and the flow diverter is stuck on the foot setting, the lever moves but doesn't adjust the water flow. Is there and way remove the lever and enclosure and set it to the "head" flow and leave it at that, without taking the column apart which sounds like it might open another can of worms with leaks etc. I have removed the grub screw from underneath the domed fitting but not sure what should come apart from that or how, and don't want to mark the chrome with wrench's if nothing is meant to come apart. Any ideas gratefully received

HI - newbie here...
I have the Daryl Hydra and the flow diverter is stuck on the foot setting, the lever moves but doesn't adjust the water flow. Is there and way remove the lever and enclosure and set it to the "head" flow and leave it at that, without taking the column apart which sounds like it might open another can of worms with leaks etc. I have removed the grub screw from underneath the domed fitting but not sure what should come apart from that or how, and don't want to mark the chrome with wrench's if nothing is meant to come apart. Any ideas gratefully received

The dome comes off with a quarter turn. The plastic spline behind it will be split due to age so will just spin when selecting head/feet/hose. Twist spline to head with pliers. Then Glue repair plastic spline them resemble in reverse. Don’t move selector again if poss. Replacements are very difficult to find

Reply to How do you get into the column of a Daryl Hydra shower? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock