Discuss Hot water downstairs fine, upstairs not so fine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

damobuxs

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can offer me some advice please?

Currently I have a six year old Biasi Combi Bolier, recently (last week) I lost my heating and ho****er. I'm covered under insurance so called the engineer out to come and see what the problem was. After checking, he said that it needed a new PCB, he replaced it. Did all the checks on the boiler and left.

Heating was fine, and still is. The same night that the boiler was 'repaired' the water temperature in the bathroom (all mixer taps, shower is a thermostatic mixer) went cold. The water fluctuates between ice cold to tepid at best. The flow is fine, I have checked the temperature setting on the boiler output and it is the same as its always been. The water in the kitchen (mixer also) is totally fine and is putting out really hot water. Reducing the flow in the bathroom doesn't seem to help unless you set it to a dribble (40 mins to fill a bath).

I called the insurance people again, an engineer came out. Looked at the boiler, listened to my story and then he told me that it could be water 'cross over' that cold water could be pushing against the hot and going down the hot water supply. He then went on to isolate the bathroom sink cold tap, switched the hot tap on and said its not that one. He said that I would have to do a similar thing with the bath and shower. He ended up saying that it wasn't a boiler problem as its firing fire, its a plumbing issue!!!!

Personally I find it very coincidental that the PCB was replaced and now no ho****er upstairs and normal downstairs, what are the chances of boiler needing repair, getting fixed and then a random plumbing issue with hot water.

I don't want to call a plumber out yet as this isn't covered under my insurance and I have a feeling he will tell me its a boiler issue, catch 22.

Can anyone please shed any light on what you may think the problem could be?

Thank in advance
Damo

I should add the kitchen & basin were fine but the bath & shower in a cubicle went hot & cold

When it happens have you looked at the boiler pressure guage? Mine was moving.

I'm sure a boiler engineer will know the answer

Thanks for the reply, at least it gives me an idea what it could be.

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can offer me some advice please?

Currently I have a six year old Biasi Combi Bolier, recently (last week) I lost my heating and ho****er. I'm covered under insurance so called the engineer out to come and see what the problem was. After checking, he said that it needed a new PCB, he replaced it. Did all the checks on the boiler and left.

Heating was fine, and still is. The same night that the boiler was 'repaired' the water temperature in the bathroom (all mixer taps, shower is a thermostatic mixer) went cold. The water fluctuates between ice cold to tepid at best. The flow is fine, I have checked the temperature setting on the boiler output and it is the same as its always been. The water in the kitchen (mixer also) is totally fine and is putting out really hot water. Reducing the flow in the bathroom doesn't seem to help unless you set it to a dribble (40 mins to fill a bath).

I called the insurance people again, an engineer came out. Looked at the boiler, listened to my story and then he told me that it could be water 'cross over' that cold water could be pushing against the hot and going down the hot water supply. He then went on to isolate the bathroom sink cold tap, switched the hot tap on and said its not that one. He said that I would have to do a similar thing with the bath and shower. He ended up saying that it wasn't a boiler problem as its firing fire, its a plumbing issue!!!!

Personally I find it very coincidental that the PCB was replaced and now no ho****er upstairs and normal downstairs, what are the chances of boiler needing repair, getting fixed and then a random plumbing issue with hot water.

I don't want to call a plumber out yet as this isn't covered under my insurance and I have a feeling he will tell me its a boiler issue, catch 22.

Can anyone please shed any light on what you may think the problem could be?

Thank in advance
Damo
g

Quite often you can repair one fault only for another to rear its head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water downstairs fine, upstairs not so fine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock