Discuss honeywell three port in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordyjordy111

Gas Engineer
hi lads
any help please

on a honeywell three port mid pos valve when the ch & hw is turned of you feel resistance on the lever

if you then turn the hot water on should you still feel resistance on the lever?? as it is it's default state

cheers

On hot water only the valve is at rest so there will be a "resistance"!

Call for heating moves the valve to 'mid' and hot water satisfied moves the valve to heating only. :)

Just while we are discussing this neat little device :) at what point do you think ours goes "bang bang" sounds a little like water hammer.

Last edited:
Just while we are discussing this neat little device :) at what point do you think ours goes "bang bang" sounds a little like water hammer.

When it's switching to heating only I'd imagine or swings back across to hot water only :)

I did read in another place and opinion that the ball would be sticking and then bangs when it is eventually released and hits the other side.

Looks like a new one then. I know you can buy the top half on it's own but never seen the bottom half.

Last edited:
I did read in another place and opinion that the ball would be sticking and then bangs when it is eventually released and hits the other side.

Looks like a new one then. I know you can buy the top half on it's own but never seen the bottom half.

You could try turning your pump speed down or if you haven't got one fitted, have an auto bypass fitted. The ball can 'jump' because of pump pressure IMHO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to honeywell three port in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back