Discuss Honeywell RF2 pack 5 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dgrs

Dear All,

Just when I thought I had cracked the wiring for a sundial S plan plus, I started looking at controls and the RF2 pack 5 seems to do all I need: separate DHW and 2 heating zones.

However, I think I'm being stupid here, but I don't understand how it's controlled.... I understand if the conditions are met by the programmable unit and a thermostat, the receiver will turn on and the pump will activate. But how does it know which motorised valve to open? Does the receiver send separate signals (via a wire) to the valves?

Sorry if I'm being dim....

Dave

if that is indeed a seperate dhw and TWO heating zone compatable stat/programmer then if wired right it should do what it says on the tin. usually you need two stats to controll two zones......isnt it working or are you just curious...

if that is indeed a seperate dhw and TWO heating zone compatable stat/programmer then if wired right it should do what it says on the tin. usually you need two stats to controll two zones......isnt it working or are you just curious...

I'm doing a whole new installation and have decided on the system but have started looking into the best way of controlling it. Since my initial question I've done more research (read the instructions!) and I think I understand it further - however.....

With a sundial S system, I believe even the hot water 'circuit' needs a motorised valve on it. Otherwise, in the event of needing central heating, but having a fully heated tank, you'd still be pumping heat through the tank when you don't need it. Have I explained this ok?

In the instructions, I think the diagrams are for a combi boiler driven system. Mine will be driven by a conventional boiler with a hot water tank. Starting to wonder whether it will actually make it any easier.

If anyone has any ideas about controls please fire away.

Dave

Each zone has independant mv, this pack only controls 2 zones, you need an additional controller for the hot water (pack 4)

Many thanks. I'm amazed - do Honeywell not do a three channel controller? Anyone recommend one out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Honeywell RF2 pack 5 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock