Search the forum,

Discuss High co readings on a baxi 105e combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

murpho

Had my boiler serviced but the plumber says the readings are dangerous and recommends I fit a new boiler
here re the reading
co..pmm...27
co2.....3.1
these were taken with heating on

these next readings were taken with hot water tap turned on

co..ppm ...768
co2.....6.3

are these good or bad the boiler is about 11 years old and has had quite a few parts replaced over the years
thanks for any advice

your boiler does not need replacing just for this issue get your gas engineer to find out the cause

Just call baxi heateam in,they will sort it,may cost ya 200-300 but its worth it,ESP age of boiler

I did a service on a Vokera Linea combi last week with similar readings on similar age boiler........heat exchanger all furred up and burner had a lovely orange tint in the flame!
Stripped and cleaned, put back together and got a healthy blue flame and about 50 ppm

Get an engineer that uses tools as well as an FGA and a pen, before considering a new boiler.

By the way my customers boiler was serviced every year by a well known organisation.......IMHO that heat exchanger had never been cleaned, and if it had then that was a lot of fur for 12 months!!

Like to thank you all for your replies but after looking back over all the bills I have for this boiler I have decided to replace it thanks again

If you post your location I'm sure some local members would be happy to give you a quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to High co readings on a baxi 105e combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock