Search the forum,

Discuss Hi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

funkydj1

Hi

I am a new member to this forum. I am looking to do a plumbing course to gain the relevant qualifications, (6129 & NVQ2). I have been looking at OLCI Bristol and the New Career Skills course. Has anybody got any views on these courses as there seems to be some conflicting interest as to the best way to become a qualified plumber and which course actually provides the relevant qualifications? I am looking to do the course on a part time basis while I still have a job to keep me going.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it seems to be a mine field out there.

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Hi funkydj1 and welcome to UKPlumbersForums.co.uk!

Hi Funky

Welcome to the forums,hope you enjoy
If you do a search of threads,am sure you will find some info youwill find helpful

:):)

Thanks Puddle

I have had a quick look and there doesn't seem to be a lot in the recent past. There also dosen't seem to be a lot on plumbers reactions to hiring guys who have done the fast track course. I have heard that you might get a C & G certificate but then you do need work in industry to get a portfolio up to standard for the NVQ2. Any help would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, looking to gain experience as a plumber's mate in Essex area, I'm from Rayleigh and have a full driving licence and Van. Looking for a step into domestic plumbing. I have experience working in general property maintenance for a family business. I have completed a Level 2 technical...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few positions, did a bit of freelance and was continually working late hours and evenings unpaid as well as every weekend. I ended up getting burnout and...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's found it challenging trying to find a place to work, or gain experience in order to obtain my nvq level 2 even though I've passed my level 2 diploma 2...
Replies
Views
Hi there, looking to gain experience as a plumber's mate in London/Essex area, full driving licence. Looking for a step into domestic plumbing. looking for a change in my career and get into the the domestic plumbing world. I have 6 years experience working with commercial boilers, with skills...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am a junior plumber based in South East London (Zone 1), but can get to most areas quite easily. In terms of Qualifications I have completed level 2 Diploma in Plumbing and Heating with 1 years experience working as an emergency response engineer primarily carrying out maintenance...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock