Discuss Help with water feed to garage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jonathan70

Hi, I am not a plumber but am just wanting some advice if possible? I recently bought a house and moved in yesterday. There is a cold water feed in the garage for a washing machine which is fed from the main house.

In the house you can see where they have joined into the house cold water with a tee then goes to a stop tap, a few inches of copper and then blue pipe goes underground. On the garage end you can see the blue pipe come out of the ground and then a few inches of copper before a washing machine isolator.

I connected my washer and then turned the stop tap on in the main house and could hear the water fill the blue pipe. However after an hour it is still running and the main house pressure has dropped slightly so I can only assume the blue pipe has split.

Digging up would be impossible as the drive has recently being tarmacd and it appears the blue pipe goes under the garage wall.

Is there any product available that would go into the blue pipe like a smaller diameter flexi pipe so I could get someone to install and just use the blue pipe as a conduit?

also is it possible to pressure test a blue water pipe to confirm the fault although it does seem to be leaking but I always thought the blue pipe was pretty much bomb proof. Thanks in advance

I cannot remeber the internal diameter of 25mmMPDE assuming it is 25mm. But i think you would have a hard time pushing the likes of john guest pipe inside it. And yes you can pressure test the MDPE. That will tell you if its leaking i think your best bet is to do it again and properly. Then you have a sound mind that its done properly.

Hi, I am not a plumber but am just wanting some advice if possible? I recently bought a house and moved in yesterday. There is a cold water feed in the garage for a washing machine which is fed from the main house.

In the house you can see where they have joined into the house cold water with a tee then goes to a stop tap, a few inches of copper and then blue pipe goes underground. On the garage end you can see the blue pipe come out of the ground and then a few inches of copper before a washing machine isolator.

I connected my washer and then turned the stop tap on in the main house and could hear the water fill the blue pipe. However after an hour it is still running and the main house pressure has dropped slightly so I can only assume the blue pipe has split.

Digging up would be impossible as the drive has recently being tarmacd and it appears the blue pipe goes under the garage wall.

Is there any product available that would go into the blue pipe like a smaller diameter flexi pipe so I could get someone to install and just use the blue pipe as a conduit?

also is it possible to pressure test a blue water pipe to confirm the fault although it does seem to be leaking but I always thought the blue pipe was pretty much bomb proof. Thanks in advance
Hi Jonathan
Yes testing is no problem, if a plumber does not have a pressure testing pump/bucket to raise the pressure to 1.5 times max working, then the mains could be used cap or turn off at the W/M end & fill the pipe with the mains water, at the other wait an hour & open W/M end see if water comes out, or by a pressure gauge (see link below) & screw onto W/M valve to take the reading.
Regarding the pipe in pipe, it is possible but you would be taking a chance that it is just one straight length of MDPE if so then should not be a problem you could use 10mm Hep2O pipe it is small & flexible enough & the W/M will not need a great deal of water to work.
Monument Tools Mains Water Pressure Test Gauge | NoLinkingToThis

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with water feed to garage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back