Search the forum,

Discuss Help..Damaged pressure test screw on boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serviced a combi boiler today..but when I was about to test to working pressure on the boiler, the previous engineer had damaged to test screw and was unable to release it.

Do you know if you can buy generic screws and where to get one from?

also..any suggestions on how to unscrew the test nipple when the screw head is buggered(preferable without damaging the gas valve)?

Last edited:
Changed a gas valve this week. I guess I should have kept the screws as this once happened to me, and I had to ask around until someone had an old boiler they'd ripped out and I could steal the screw from.

If you get very desperate I can have a look through my bin as I only chucked it away on monday and it'll still be in there at the bottom of the big outside bin.

As for getting the buggered screw out, I used a screw removal tool from screwfix, which I pushed very hard on and twisted veeery slowly.

Serviced a combi boiler today..but when I was about to test to working pressure on the boiler, the previous engineer had damaged to test screw and was unable to release it.

Do you know if you can buy generic screws and where to get one from?

also..any suggestions on how to unscrew the test nipple when the screw head is buggered(preferable without damaging the gas valve)?
you cant unless you have a old gasvalve ,either buy a new gasvalve or rate it and do a fga

well i dont have one now about this slapper are they young ,fit,cheap and free????????????

Ive made my own, you need to modify a short flat stumpy driver to get at the inlet on Vaillant 831 combis.

Ive made my own, you need to modify a short flat stumpy driver to get at the inlet on Vaillant 831 combis.

good point....ive always struggled with these...and wonderd if vaillant made their own screwdriver for this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help..Damaged pressure test screw on boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock