Discuss Hanging heavy rad on plasterboard wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've bolted radiators back to back before on that 2" thick eggbox stuff.

My preferred method is to expose some studs and fit ply level with the plasterboard. If it's not possible to find any studs a piece of ply stuck to the wall with gripfill and fixed with multiple cavity fixings is a lot more secure than just using the holes in the brackets with cavity fixings.

You can also get floor mounting stanchions for radiators.

if i come across paramount boarding (egg shell) i cut out 3" sq where the fixings are and use 2to1 bonding and cement goes off in no time at all and really solid

Had a few jobs in the past quite simular to this, but the way I had to go about it was to take the measurements of the rad when hung, and cut away the plasterboard and fix battons to the solid wall behind and make good the wall before hanging back the rad.. If the wall where it has to hang is just a plasterboard party wall, the only thing would be to build battens to the existing wall partitioning.. Well I'll go and have read of your other prvious posts.. Good luck.. Bet yul do a good job..:tongue:

My glue and screw method ain't let me down yet and is a lot less hassle. I would only diff about with battens in the wall if the rad was a real monster

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

:bulb2:As above remove plasterboard install wood tile over good job well done and no bad press when it falls off, hollow wall anchors and spring toggles are good and we always carry on van but no need for you to use i tiling

No worries...won't need MT bucket and sky hooks..

Recently tried to hang a big traditional 3 column rad in an old stone cottage. Wall was lime plaster on top of stone. Of course there was no solid stone behind the exact point that I needed for the rad bracket, just a large void between stones. Bought a Rawplugs resin kit, never used one before. Despite the instructions being poor and the kit being expensive, it was brilliant. Simply embedded a threaded rod into the resin which completely filled the void. Solid as a rock, excuse the pun. Certainly got me out of a hole - excuse second pun. Despite the cost it saved me hours of work and no worry about the rad coming away when it was filled.

Read more: http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/p...eavy-rad-plasterboard-wall.html#ixzz2GeNfWYIl. How do these resin kits work just inject in the void and fill it so you have a hard solid surface to fix to?

Where can i find this glass hammer from? Sounds quite a good en...

eta2y8ag.jpg

Stanley do 1 like above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hanging heavy rad on plasterboard wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back