Currently reading:
Hanging heavy rad on plasterboard wall

Discuss Hanging heavy rad on plasterboard wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Santini

I need to hang a 35kg rad (not including water weight when filled) onto a plasterboard wall. It comes with four supporting brackets but the fixings supplied are for a solid wall. Can anyone advise the strongest/best fixings to use to hold this safety in plasterboard?

Lads did d guy not say d rad was 35 kg weight with no water. I don't think ye'd b hanging that on plasterboard. Personally I'd b putting rad brackets directly on joists if builder could organise or screwing a bit of 12 mm ply to wall joists and securing rad to that. But I'm open to suggestions

Lads did d guy not say d rad was 35 kg weight with no water. I don't think ye'd b hanging that on plasterboard. Personally I'd b putting rad brackets directly on joists if builder could organise or screwing a bit of 12 mm ply to wall joists and securing rad to that. But I'm open to suggestions

No problem at all. Each of those anchor fixings is good for 20kg so with 4 that's going to be 80kg. Plasterboard is incredibly strong in shear i.e. up and down forces across it's face. Try pulling it apart and you will see :) There is next to no force pulling it out from the wall as 99% of the weight of the rad is acting downwards. If nervous then use 6x anchor fixings for 120kg hold strength.

Joists are obviously a better solution but I wouldn't be worrying about ripping open a wall to hang a 35kg + water rad tbh.

Last edited:
Ive always found decent plasterboard fixings and some 'sticks like ****' does the job. If you really are in doubt cut a hole, insert some batton and screw through into it so that the rad bracket and batton and being pinched up tight through the plasterboard.

My favourite at the moment is to cut an offcut of grant westfield panel, smaller than rad. Screw this into studs, white side out, and then hang rad on that using the short projection side of bracket. Once its on you cant see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hanging heavy rad on plasterboard wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock