Search the forum,

Discuss Halstead ACE HE 30 overheat lockout issue?... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FlowolF

Hi folks,
We've had the above combi unit for about 5 years without any trouble until now - there's a small pressure leak somewhere that we've been trying to find, but in the meantime, just topping her up every now and then has been enough...

However, this last couple of days the pressure had dropped to zero and we didn't notice, until the house got cold that is! I topped the system back up to 1 bar, bled the radiators twice and then some more, but she still wouldn't fire up on the CH (HW is just fine though) - we are getting error code '1' - appliance overheat - and the bleed from the (top of the) boiler itself bleeds out very hot water, so I know she's firing up the burners alright! It doesn't sound to me like the pump is running though, but I can't be certain - do you think the low/zero pressure/airlock scenario has likely killed the pump, or could we still be looking at some kind of airlock?!?

I'm reasonably supple minded and have a few clues with things like this, but I'm no heating engineer (or plumber! - Hope this doesn't preclude me from asking this here!) by any means, but we are FARRRR too broke to call one in right now!

If it is the circulation pump, are these inside the boiler unit on these?

If it could still be some kind of airlock, any clues as to the best procedure to find and bleed it out? - The radiators are ejecting just water now, as is the main boiler bleed valve.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated - I believe it's about to get cold again...

Any more info you need just let me know and I'll do my best.

TIA folks, and be well!

Shaun/FW

:welcome: to the forum Shaun :)

The good news is that your pump is working fine. Bad news is you're gonna probably need an engineer to repair your boiler. If you're getting hot water then the pump is working as it is needed for hot water. However if not getting heating then electrical tests need to be carried out to find out whether the diverter valve is functioning correctly.

:welcome: to the forum Shaun :)

The good news is that your pump is working fine. Bad news is you're gonna probably need an engineer to repair your boiler. If you're getting hot water then the pump is working as it is needed for hot water. However if not getting heating then electrical tests need to be carried out to find out whether the diverter valve is functioning correctly.

Thanks for the reply diamondgas - appreciated mate.

Well after doing some more 'research' I think you're right mate and it's an issue related to the DV, but OUCH! If we need a new one, looks like it'll cost more than I could get a replacement pump for ',;~{~

Can't seem to find any repair kits for this particular DV either, although there seem to be plenty for other Halstead boilers...

I suppose if we're lucky it'll only be the microswitch, but that's not the way our luck tends to roll these days, but at least being some kind of elec. repair layman (bit more than a layman really - used to build, diagnose and repair electronic ignition systems for cars and MC's and helped my dad rewire a few houses in my youth), I can probably diagnose that myself at least, if not source and fit a new one...

Now if only I hadn't stuck a chisel into my left hand yesterday leaving me with a deep wound and 3 stitches and unable to use my left hand much at all, this would all be a little easier to deal with LOL!

Thanks again for your input mate - much appreciated indeed - be well!

',;~}~

Shaun/FW

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Halstead ACE HE 30 overheat lockout issue?... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock