Search the forum,

Discuss Gurgling sink in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I hope someone will be able to help me with this. I recently had my bathroom redone, and there have been a few problems with it. One of the issues is gurgling when the sink drains. It sounds like a 6 pint bottle of milk is being emptied a few seconds after the tap is shut off. It’s quite annoying and not something I have experienced before. From what I read it could be to do with venting? I told the plumber, and his response was the gurgling sound is due to the waste being adapted to a high flow waste to take the shower water, it’s the water spinning as it goes down the pipe. Nothing to worry about there.
Does this sound right to you? I’ve never heard gurgling like this before. Is this a problem with high flow waste pipes generally?

TIA

I just wanted to come back on here to say thanks. My sink is nice and quiet now when it drains! The anti vac trap sorted it out.
Unfortunately, I’ve noticed a tapping sound through the ceiling downstairs when the sink drains. It sounds like the noise is coming from further along the pipe as the water runs from the sink into the soil pipe. Any idea why it is making a noise?

I just wanted to come back on here to say thanks. My sink is nice and quiet now when it drains! The anti vac trap sorted it out.
Unfortunately, I’ve noticed a tapping sound through the ceiling downstairs when the sink drains. It sounds like the noise is coming from further along the pipe as the water runs from the sink into the soil pipe. Any idea why it is making a noise?
If it's like a clicking noise, and happens when you drain hot or warm water from the basin, it's likety to be thermal expansion along the length of the waste pipe causing the noise as it slides in clips holding it, or maybe moves in its joint with the down pipe, or it's rubbing against something. If it doesn't happen at all with cold water then that's probably it.

If it happens whatever the water temperature, maybe it is a drip/ leak? That will no doubt become obvious on the ceiling!

Reply to Gurgling sink in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock