Search the forum,

Discuss Grundfos GO Balance Application in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello Forum,

I have installed a Grundfos Alpha 3 pump, which comes with a companion mobile application called 'Go Balance', the two interact to allow the installer to "easily" balance the CH/HW system.

Now stupidly, Grundfos in their almighty wisdon, have decided that it would be very clever to not provide any manual or documentation on how to use the 'Go Balance' application....

As such, when it comes to ask for certain inputs to be manually entered by the installer, the installer (me) hasn't got a clue what should be entered or even how to calculate what should be entered.

I am stuck on two inputs:

1) Required Heat Power (W/m2)
- Examples given:
Old Buildings, Not Renovated 110-160
Built 1978 - 1983 95-115
Built 1984 - 1994 80-100
WSVO 1995 50-70
ENEV 2002/2007 35-45
EnEV 2009 25-40

From what I can gather, this is a static figure that is based on some sort of thermal standard the house has been built to... WSVO, ENEV appear to be German building standards...

2) Inlet Tempreature
- It has a description of temprature of water entering radiator.

Would this be a desired tempreature or should i be getting out my tempreature reader and take the temprature coming into the radiator.

My apologies if these are simple questions that are easy to answer, but being a DIY enthusiast rather than a professional, I'm am a little lost...

I have searched forums, google and Grundfos website without a hint of what is needed to be entered... Grundfos technical support was hopeless...

- I have logged a complaint with Grundfos, that may or may not lead to something...

Thanks in advance

Richard.

when was your house built

rough guess put 110 in the first one

55-60

35-50 then

Thanks for your help Shaun.

Could you explain how you come to this answer, as I would like to try to understand the meaning of 'Required Heat Power' and the equation W/m2...

In short w per m2

As new build are supposed to be insulated to the hilt they don't require as much heat so pump doesn't need to work that much / slower speed

I presume watts per metre square is a standard industry measurement, wonder why I couldn't find any information on it.

I agree that new build should imply that it should be insulated to the hilt, unfortunately mine has been built so badly, it has air leaks everywhere, making the insulation useless... I have been battling the builder (Persimmons) to get it corrected, especially as I'm disabled and the cold screws me... Finally after 3 years, LABC are taking it on, so hopefully sometime next year, the house might actually have decent insulation/warmth...

Reply to Grundfos GO Balance Application in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock