Discuss Going to add new rad to system....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,
Sorry if there is any similar thread but can't find myself at the moment, so decide to ask out loud.
Have a gas boiler Potterton Promax Combi28HE A Plus (output 28kW) I need to add one more radiator to the system. I have already 7 rads in the house. upstairs 4 x single panels and downstairs 3 x double panel ones. Semi-detached house(pre-war built).
The reason for this improvement is that the spare toilet is constantly cold and that leads to build of condensation and mould started to appear on walls, as outer walls leads to back garden. Spare toilet with little corridor leading to back garden is connected to kitchen but there is only small double panel radiator. So thought that add up small rad will improve air circulation in spare toilet and will help to prevent damp and mould.
Looked for some manuals or tech guides for that type of boiler on google but only been lucky to gather some info relating to other manufacturers products of same output stating that it can be up to 14 rads.
Any suggestion guys will be appreciated.
Greg

If it's 28kw your boiler will be big enough. Just make sure that if you take it off the flow and return from the other radiator is big enough to cope. Piggy backing can cause issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Going to add new rad to system....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock