Currently reading:
Going gas safe

Discuss Going gas safe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Hi My new year resolution is to get my gas safe :)
i retrained after many unhappy years and done a c&g level 2 and love my work now, love being self employed love the respect from customers and love the job satisfaction
I am in 2 minds to just give the training center my money for my gas course like in the next few days or should I squeeze in the c&g level 3 first?
i currently don't touch electrics at all but I do have a good understanding of them, I assume the gas safe course will not cover the valves, stats and programmers side of it but will the level 3.
Will I need a full part p to be able to install these and fit the boiler electrics as £2200 and a 20 day course seems a tad excessive just to do this I am not wanting to rewire a house lol
i like what I am doing at the moment but I just want to make the next step, is there anything i am missing, I guess my insurance will have to be changed
any advice welcomed

How many years have you been in the industry?
I'd recommend a minimum of 5 before becoming GSR... TBH

y would you recommend 5 years? What is your thoughts behind the number 5?
Surley if u r unsafe and a tool then you won't pass the course and assesments?

I thought you needed to do nvq 3, unvented , water regs , part L Before sitting ACS ?

Thats what i did

I would definately do level 3 first but i suppose depends what training center you go to some just give the qualification away it seems ( I.e walk you through the assessments holding your hand )

And doing level 3 you learn alot more about heating systems ( Again depends on tutors)

Nope need nothing now days. I realy want to do it and I am capable and safe enough, far from stupid and will not take on anything I don't think I can do, my pipe work is goodi take pride in tidy pipes. I want to get any many qualifications as I can, would like a nvq but not gunna happen as I will not work for anyone else, I will suffer 200hours for my portfolio

With out a doubt Imy insurance currently does not cover gas I made it clear I did not want gas cover as I do t touch it so that will need doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Going gas safe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back