Search the forum,

Discuss Glued waste fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bhoydavid

Anyone ever had any that has leaked? Had never seen any before and 3 of the course of the day leaked when tested. They were all well glued (both pipe and fitting). Could it be a dodgy batch perhaps? Never seen it before and I've on occasion only glued one part or not pushed the pipe in full slip. Yet they were all well glued and full slipped. Anyone had trouble like that?

Never had a problem with solvent, could the glue be out of date or contaminated?

I've seen a couple leak on condensate pipework before but i can't say if they were glued right :)

Never had a problem with solvent, could the glue be out of date or contaminated?
Could that affect it? The glue seemed reasonable. Half full tub with just your usual gooey lumps at the lid. I've seen and used worse to be honest and it's been ok. Quite a bizarre one but an absolute nightmare to happen especially under a sink with each fitting almost butt to butt

Were any components damp or dirty? Possibly glue gone off? Incompetence ?;)

Were any components damp or dirty? Possibly glue gone off? Incompetence ?;)

Was fitted from new so fittings and pipe both clean and dry. Maybe incompetence then haha. Although my mate had 2 leak that he done and I had 1. So I'm not as ​incompetent :smilielol5:

As you say you can dig an old tin out of the van that looks iffy but works, just thought maybe if their was crap in the tin, dust bits etc it would stop it making a perfect seal

When we get leaks it's usually on 21.5 if anything. Only use flowplast now as you have 25mm insert and pipes nice fit into fitting too. Used to have loads of issues with centerbrand polypipe crud.

As you say you can dig an old tin out of the van that looks iffy but works, just thought maybe if their was crap in the tin, dust bits etc it would stop it making a perfect seal

that sounds plausible right enough. I'll chuck the old
one and replace it tomorrow. Better safe than sorry for the sake of a few quid and all the hassle it causes

Solvent weld normally as a use by date on the tin.
thing is try finding oe at a merchant that is in date! They are normally a few months out before you buy!

Solvent weld normally as a use by date on the tin.
thing is try finding oe at a merchant that is in date! They are normally a few months out before you buy!
Cheers for that, never knew it had a use by date until this thread but also never knew
merchants would still stock out of date stuff! Will keep my eyes peeled in future for it.

Everyday is a school day :)

Cheers for that, never knew it had a use by date until this thread but also never knew
merchants would still stock out of date stuff! Will keep my eyes peeled in future for it.

Everyday is a school day :)

gotta realize mate in this job however well prepared things are sometimes ''**** happens;;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glued waste fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock