Search the forum,

Discuss Gledhill Boilermate OV A Class in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jazzypap

Hi

We have a Gledhill Boilermate OV A Class Thermal store twinned with an Ideal Icos condensing boiler.

Unfortunately, the overheat sensor keeps on tripping (rapid flashing red light). We press the reset, which solves the problem for a few hours but this trips again. I've read the fault code on the PCB, which reads '23' on all the CO positions (this code isn't in the manual).

Gledhill will not supply the complete list of fault codes...really helpful!!!

We're worried we're looking at an expensive repair - I've searched on line and this appears to be a very common problem with this model, which is out of warranty, but no one seems to offer a resolution.

It also appears we may struggle to get a repair/service cover for the boilermate, as no one wants to touch it?

If anyone can offer any advice, we'd be very grateful. Boilermate is 4 years old.

Many thanks!

Jazzypap

i,m not familar with this thermal store so i,m just trying to get an over-view of the system its ov so its open vented class a is this a reference to the lagging ? does the overheat sensor function at the correct tempreture i presume the switch will make at a given temp i have had dealings with gledhill and they arnt very helpful the problem is they charge circa £269 to come and fix it check with them i maybe doing them a dis-service your first steps are to make sure the basics are right that the thermal store has enough water etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gledhill Boilermate OV A Class in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock