Discuss gas safe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neily01

thought i would ask how everyone has been getting on with the gas safe tech number. was chatting in pts this morning with other installers ( waiting to be served as usual ) and found out that they hadnt got on very well with it. i have had to call a few times for clarification/peace of mind and generally found it to be good. depending on who you get you either get the letter of the law answer we should all know or a cover yourself answer. only thing i could complain about is that really off putting echo of their handsfree devices, look forward too your replies.

Funnily enough rang them earlier this week as I was told we were fitting a new gas line using the crimped fittings system. "It's ok, there's a special fitting for gas......"

Anyway, rang the tech line to check that this piping method had been passed for use and was told that "If the manufacturer says It's ok, then It's ok with us....."

Looks like the tech line should be a pass the buck line!

Incidentally the fittings you use must be those with a yellow insert.

rang them twice, 1st time got an automated message saying nobody was available because they were have a training day
2nd time had to drag an answer out of the guy, found the hum quite difficult

i have found them to be more helpful than corgi who just wanted to sell you stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas safe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock