Currently reading:
Gas safe regs - what gas work can be undertaken by other tradespersons?

Discuss Gas safe regs - what gas work can be undertaken by other tradespersons? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mattiker

After being shot down twice yesterday, thread closed twice, hence this new one (Croppie, please have a little patients!). Not every non-GSR on here is a have-a-go-cowboy looking to blow themselves up. Neither am I interested in the slightest in breaking the law - or putting me or my family at risk, on the contrary I'm happy to get my wallet out when needed. However I do like to know where I stand with regards the law and regulations - not only that I like to know exactly what I'm paying for if I have to call in a GSR techie. So before you close this thread with a blunt 'stop playing with it and go pay a gsr guy' reply - read this, taken from the Gas Safe website:

What gas work can be undertaken by other tradespersons?
If the work required only involves the replacement of a water carrying component e.g. a pump or central
heating control valve, housed within the boiler’s decorative casing, the work could be undertaken by another
competent tradesperson e.g. plumber/electrician. Providing the work could be undertaken without having to
break a combustion chamber seal (see Can I take the case off my gas appliance? below), or disturbing
any gas carrying component, it would not need to be undertaken by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

I cant post the link but google for "What gas work can be undertaken by other tradespersons" then click the first link that appears.

The important bit in that quote for me is 'competent tradesperson' which whether this applies to me is open for debate - but I'd prefer to a sensible discussion about it instead of simply having my threads closed/deleted.

So there you have it - the facts straight from the horses mouth.

You just said you were a student, I have 15 years on you.

What that gotta do with anything? I gave you a POV from a student, someone you were aiming these tech videos at. I'm sure there are plenty of people on here with more experience than you, every bodies opinion counts, even if you don't like it

Says you, someone who is arguing with a legal document we have already got, pertaining to the fact that it will not, issued by a top 40, in the whole wide world, law firm.

:grin:

Not worth the paper it's printed on.

This has dragged on long enough now. You will not be posting nor advertising these videos on these forums. And that's an end of the matter.

thread closed

he,s also never heard of ip ADDRESS ANYTHING HE POSTS ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET IS TRACEABLE RIGHT BACK TO HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas safe regs - what gas work can be undertaken by other tradespersons? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock