Search the forum,

Discuss Gas ignition problem in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

View attachment 20210103_191951.mp4
Hi,

I wonder if you could help me with your opinions please? I have two gas related issues. I'm not sure if they're linked or two separate problems.

Since I moved into my house 18 months ago, I've had problems with the gas cooker (integrated fan assisted gas). Often it will turn itself off, it makes a noise as though it's trying to relight the gas, sometimes it will light again, sometimes it won't.

I assumed this was a problem with the cooker and started looking into getting a new one.

However, my boiler has now started doing a similar thing when I turn on the hot water tap (it doesnt do it often, just now and again). It makes a noise as though it's trying to light the gas inside the boiler, but it doesn't light and the water from the tap is cold.

I have attached a video of the boiler issue, and a video of the boiler working. Both videos are taken with the hot water tap turned on.
View attachment 20210103_190457.mp4

Do you think these problems are related? I will have to get a gas engineer to repair any problems but just wanted to get an idea of what the issue might be.

Thanks in advance!
Heather

Not 100% on the noise, however I’d say that the hot water isn’t being sensed by the Hall effect sensor. Hard to say they’re x2 separate issues, it could be undersized gas pipe, ecv not fully open to name a couple of things. Might just be worth getting an engineer out.

Reply to Gas ignition problem in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock