Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Gas hob installation query? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I don’t normally fit hobs or do much gas install work but im installing a gas hob. Am I right in saying it’s just a gas rate of the appliance and check working pressures?

Dont forget a gas cock , waste of bloody time though .
This you mean?

2EFCCE8D-FAFC-430E-836E-43D193D19895.jpeg

I didn’t think a hob had an ffd? Or am I being stupid?
Your not been stupid, most new ones do but lots of old ones don't. As above, in multi dwelling buildings, a hob must be fitted with an ffd. To test it, light the hob, blow the flame out and check the gas switches itself off, and do this for all rings.

Are the clearances above and to the back and side only for flammable materials? What about a distance at the front of the work top?

Reply to Gas hob installation query? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys Do you bother trying to repair hobs these days or just advise to replace? Family members hob is constantly trying to ignite. I dont do...
Replies
Views
Im fitting a kitchen in my own house . When removing the gas oven on a bayonet fitting and turned the gas hob off and removed a four burner gas...
Replies
Views
I am troubleshooting a gas hob where one burner is reluctant to light. When it is lit and I blow the flame out the FSD on that burner cuts off...
Replies
Views
Our House is now fully Heat Pumped, insulated and we have had the Gas Meter Removed. We have a 1950s foldaway Cannon Gas Grill which is on the...
Replies
Views
Outside of using a gas-safe LPG engineer, do I have to notify building control for the installation of pipework, hob and a 15kg propane bottle?
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock