Search the forum,

Discuss gas fire brands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kareem100

Hi,

I'm going to have a gas fire installed by a fully qualified gas engineer.

I'm looking to buy a high efficiency, glass fronted gas fire.

Could someone recommend a particular make or brand to me.

I'm currently thinking of buying an ekofire, could someone tell me how reliable or good these fires are.

Regards,
Kareem

Pay your money take your chance.

I'm sure your installer will keep you right :wink:

Following on from tamz, it's a lottery when comes to fires. No real experience of this brand but stay away from the flueless models (catalytic). They are worse than useless heat wise, have a multitude of safety issues that must be considered, and when it comes to visuals you would probably be better putting a picture of a roaring fire on the wall than hanging one of these.

Hi,

I'm surprised by your response.

I would have though that by paying £400 for a gas fire would have bought me some sort of quality.

I'm surprised people put up with this sort of thing. I'm surprised that the gas fire manufacturers haven't been drowned by law suits.

Regards,
Kareem

Not wanting to put you off. Just don't rate these flu-less fires. Seen a few around and in my opinion they not upto much. I would probably fit an electric fire before one of these.
If you like the fire then go for it. Just make sure it it installed by a repeatable engineer. Make sure you have the required ventilation and fit a Carbon Monoxide (CO) alarm and have it checked/serviced annually without fail. If these fires go wrong they can spill dangerous amounts of CO into the room.
To be honest other than the lads who sell/install them I do not know an engineer that is not weary of them.

flueless can be deadly we have had a fatality with one in wales would not look at another one ever IMHO,i have fitted 10 9 came over rated from the factory 6 were focal point 3 were burley bearing in mind the 6 from focal point were a year after the tragedy in in south wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas fire brands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock