Currently reading:
Gas fire advice turbo toaster mk3

Discuss Gas fire advice turbo toaster mk3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a gas safe registered engineer i went to look at a broken royal cozy fire , the turbo toaster mk3 today the piezo igniter is sparking but there doesnt seem to be any gas coming out when the gas control is set to ignite and pressed in , ive cleaned out the oxy pilot assembly but still no joy , im now thinking gas control valve ... any ideas??

Is gas coming out of the feed tube if you disconnect it from the oxy-pilot? If it is, its the oxy-pilot thats blocked. Try to free it up with an airline before you replace it. Then check the other end of the feed pipe. Come to think of it, is the gas on?

Last edited:
there is definately gas going to the fire as there was gas coming out the test nipple when opened, i didnt disconnect the oxy pilot but the oxy pilot seemed to be clear when i blew down it with a tube where the red dot is on the picture below and in the oxy pilot itself
3962173_f260.jpg

I'm not 100% sure but don't you have to establish that the fan is running on these before any gas is allowed through? It's been some time since I've worked on one to be honest :)

you are correct diamond gas i checked the fan and it was working fine :)

Is there a switch you have to hold down, wait for the red light to turn green? If its what i remember that's the APS proven which should then open a solonoid and let the gas through...I may well be thinking of a totally differnt fire .... Is that the one? Do you have the mi's?

there is an on switch and an off switch next to it when you switch the on switch a red light comes on and you can hear the fan going , unfortunately i left the mi's there and cant find them online so im not sure whether is the same fire were talking about!

It may be Dave... I'm raking the old grey matter here but I think you have to hold the 'on' down untill the red turns green or red turns off yeh? Reason I'm asking is because if it is then the gas rail solonoid has to be opened by the APS before you can light the pilot. If the red light doesn't go out/change to green then it could be that the APS isn't switchin? If it does change then it could be the main solonoid is kaput! And if I'm wrong i could be leading you in the totally wrong direction :) :lol:

tbh i just pressed it once and the fan came on cant remember what the red light did to be honest definately didnt turn green though , it is a very good point you are making though! , thankyou for your help ill have a look at it ! hopefully someone else will cast there eye over this and back up your memory :)

Yep there maybe someone gets on here who's got one of these in their home or mi's handy

Goodluck...!

Firstly blowing down the oxy with a hose will not clear the injector if coaked up. You will need strip out completely and clear injector to let gas through.
IIRC the light goes out when the APS satisfied.

My advice would be to first establish that the APS is recognised and the red light goes out, then confirm that gas is present on the inlet of the oxypilot. You can then assume the injector is blocked. Compressed air is worth considdering or a good suck to clear :)

To clean the injector you will need to strip out the oxy assembly, remove the injector and clean the port with injector cleaning pin or bit of fine wire. Blowing down with air is unlikely to clean this sufficiently.
I have had to change a complete oxy assembly before due to a blockage that only improved slightly after a strip clean, but more often than not cleaning the injector itself solves the problem.

The Solenoid is not energising, so it could be the APS but is more likely to be the PCB that is at fault, due to moisture/damp getting into PCB.

I went back today and have determined that it is the solenoid that needs changing as i tested the lead going to the solenoid. when the fan was on there was power and when switched off and there was no power , so tells me the pcb is fine and sending power to the solenoid when it needs it.

i then disconnected the nut underneath the injector and listened to see whether there was any gas coming out without the oxy pilot connected and there was nothing, so i took apart the oxy pilot and disconnected the tube going from the control valve to the oxy pilot and checked if they were clear and they were fine, so i connected the main gas supply up and turned the gas on there was gas going into the nut on the bottom left of the solenoid which is the main supply coming in but no gas coming out the bottom nut which feeds the gas control valve where my finger is when the fan was switched on which obviously shouldnt be happening..

could people reply if you agreee or disagree that this is the problem please!

thankyou dave.

WP_000919.jpg

Last edited:
I'd agree Dave ... As long as you know the APS has made and there's power to the main suply solonoid then you'd expect gas out the other end:)

went there yesterday replaced the solenoid and wahoo! we have a working gas fire :) thankyou for all your replies and especially diamondgas for some excellent advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas fire advice turbo toaster mk3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back