Discuss G10 gas meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chrisgy

Connecting onto a G10 meter with 22mm about 4 meters with 3 cooker points and 15mm the other way to a water heater. I don't have commercial but the installation size is within domestic limits. Can I install this? Do I test the meter as normal (the regulator has 2 test points?)

The G10 is the modern equivalent of the U16. (16 cu m hr)

Providing the total pipework and meter volume is under 1cu metre it can be tested and purged without a commercial ticket. Use the test point on the meter as usual, leave the ones on the regulator alone.

Bear in mind the max. permitted drop is different due to the increased meter volume, no drop on new of course, but 1mbar max for existing.

Obviously, all disclaimers apply!

Don't touch the regulator. The only test point your allowed to touch is in the regular position. On some of the older u16 the test point is in the centre of the meter

Btw the capacity if the meter is 0.0025 for your calcs
0.0035 is your limit without up1a or up1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to G10 gas meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I have a domestic gas meter located at one side of my building and my boiler/cooker (only 2 gas devices) on the other side of the building. There...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am having an on-going battle with my energy supplier trying to get a smart gas meter. I have a Landis &gyr installed which was a...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer &...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've weirdly had two small kind of commercial decommission jobs come in today and i dont do this stuff much. At some point I've had...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock