Currently reading:
forum rules.....

Discuss forum rules..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding my deleted post and locking of the thread the forum rules say and I quote "We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety unless you can prove you are in the industry."

Now the op was asking about a thermostat and the connections....this is not installing or repairing a gas appliance, boiler, cooker......Its connecting a thermostat. Maybe you need to update your forum rules.

Yes but if you look at the
definition of competent person in part 2 it leads you to the relevant parts such as skilled, instructed and ordinary persons as defined. I would never sign off a diy'ers work in a million years but there are schemes out there such as Napit and Stroma that offer this as an add on to your registration.....I don't agree with it but it exists.

This is what I read/ interpreted

Definitions will be expanded and modified. For example, the definition for ‘skilled and instructed persons’ will be changed. It was also decided that the definition for a ‘competent person’ should be removed, to avoid confusion, as it was considered that some overlap existed between the definition of ‘skilled person’ and ‘competent person’.
It was proposed to modify the definition of ‘skilled person’ to align this definition with that of the IEV (International Electrotechnical Vocabulary). The Committee also proposed to modify the definition of ‘instructed person’ for the same purpose.
These changes will be reflected throughout the wiring regulations. For example, Regulation 134.1.1 has been changed from:
"Good workmanship by competent persons or persons under their supervision and proper materials shall be used in the erection of the electrical installation. Electrical equipment shall be installed in accordance with the instructions provided by the manufacturer of the equipment."
to:
"Good workmanship by skilled (electrically) or instructed (electrically) persons and proper materials shall be used in the erection of the electrical installation. The installation of electrical equipment shall take account of manufacturers’ instructions."

Direct from iet

Also just looks on napit to be deemed compant you must be part p qualified

Last edited:
This is what I read/ interpreted

Definitions will be expanded and modified. For example, the definition for ‘skilled and instructed persons’ will be changed. It was also decided that the definition for a ‘competent person’ should be removed, to avoid confusion, as it was considered that some overlap existed between the definition of ‘skilled person’ and ‘competent person’.
It was proposed to modify the definition of ‘skilled person’ to align this definition with that of the IEV (International Electrotechnical Vocabulary). The Committee also proposed to modify the definition of ‘instructed person’ for the same purpose.
These changes will be reflected throughout the wiring regulations. For example, Regulation 134.1.1 has been changed from:
"Good workmanship by competent persons or persons under their supervision and proper materials shall be used in the erection of the electrical installation. Electrical equipment shall be installed in accordance with the instructions provided by the manufacturer of the equipment."
to:
"Good workmanship by skilled (electrically) or instructed (electrically) persons and proper materials shall be used in the erection of the electrical installation. The installation of electrical equipment shall take account of manufacturers’ instructions."

Direct from iet

yes that's it.

so, to be deemed competant to remove a boiler casing, you will need to first identify if it is a positive pressure boiler.
if imediately you cant, then you are breaking the law and putting lives at risk by interfering with a gas appliance.
decorative casing is the flap covering boiler controls such as bbu fire bottom and glow worm/solo control panel.

just to wire a stat, easy innit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to forum rules..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock