Search the forum,

Discuss Former Access2trade plumbing student needs advice. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jacklucan

I was signed up with the Access 'Professional Plumbing' course before administration.

Can anyone inform me of the full qualifications offered by the original Access course as i am sure it went further than the 6128 offered by OLCI

Apologies if I am repeating previous topics. Foolish of me to have chucked original paperwork but I gave a loan for £6000 and I dont think I'm getting my monies worth.

Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated.

Jack

I was signed up with the Access 'Professional Plumbing' course before administration.

Can anyone inform me of the full qualifications offered by the original Access course as i am sure it went further than the 6128 offered by OLCI

Apologies if I am repeating previous topics. Foolish of me to have chucked original paperwork but I gave a loan for £6000 and I dont think I'm getting my monies worth.

Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated.

Jack

OCN 116786 lvl 2 Accredited Domestic Plumbing Installation Programme
BPEC Water (Water Fittings) regulations 1999
City and Guilds 6128-01 Lvl 2 Technical Cert in heating and venting
Bpec Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems

Not one of those is a recognised plumbing course, ask summitskills!

OCN - not recognised by summitskills
Bpec water regs - a competence person scheme
6128 - H&V not plumbing (related yes but not plumbing)
unvented - competence person scheme

"never stop learning"

but you seem to be negative about any comments on courses

?? why do you think that, im very pro active learning. So much so that i want to help newbies, but before you plough ahead you need to know what your doing, im here to tell you the facts. as long as you know the facts thats fine, some centres mislead, ill tell you how it is mate, thats positive not negative

if your idea of positive is me saying its plumbing when it isnt then i can be positive but it wont help anyone, ill jsut be the same as the otheres offering poor advice

blame the people who sold you a 'plumbing' course, not me
the recognised plumbing qualification is a NVQ2 and 3 in plumbing

Not one of those is a recognised plumbing course, ask summitskills!

OCN - not recognised by summitskills
Bpec water regs - a competence person scheme
6128 - H&V not plumbing (related yes but not plumbing)
unvented - competence person scheme

Maybe not i was miss sold the course i was sold a dream and caught hook line and skinter! but too late, the thing is people saying the above doesnt really help us lol! could do with advise on what you recommend doing after it? what we should do to make some good out of a bad situation? Problem with plumbing not being regulated like sparkies and gas etc opens the world up to these people who take advantage of dumb people like me.. good thing is im working with a friend at weekends (supervised and for free) and getting alot of practical skills to go with what im doing in the bays.

Sorry for being harsh on my first post didnt mean to offend

Last edited by a moderator:
well i think the H&V trade is better than plumbing, nut i would as thats what my apprenticeship was in, i only did plumbing later.

Id get into commercial plumbing and pipe fitting, its a bterr job, more stability, better paid and better conditions. google H&V companies, complete a good CV, dont offer servcie for nothing but do ask to work as a fitters mate. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Former Access2trade plumbing student needs advice. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the depth of my cupboard is larger than this. The issue, however, is that the waste pipe which leads from the sink (next door cupboard) comes out quite a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock