Discuss Flexible tap connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want 1/2" for basin taps and float operated valve but they make the job look very DIY to me. I prefer rigid copper connections.

what about the connector to the toilet. is this 3/4" size. I am doing this is in a rental property i own so looks not that important. They will just give me a bit of flex if needed.

The connector to the toilet is 4". The connection on the float operated valve in the cistern will be 1/2". You're obviously aiming for a high class of tenant if looks don't matter.

1/2" it is. I reckon flexi looks fine and plan to do my own toilet with it.

Don't use flexis on potable water unless they are WRAS approved. The cheap foreign imports are known to harbor Legionnaires Disease and other nasties after installation.

Talking of flexi's I've replaced some that have sprung a leak in the middle a few times and in each instance they've turned black round the area first. Anyone know what process is going on there?

Usually happens if the inner butyle/rubber composition has a weak spot caused by thinning either in the manufacturing process or during installation if they become twisted or kinked when tightening.

I don't trust them on hot water systems as the rubber can become brittle from the inside due to heat and scale and eventually burst.

Copper will last for many years, flexis will not and with a little practice it becomes almost as quick bending a copper offset and fitting it compared to fitting a flexi.

I make up and keep a selection of offsets in the van for use when I need them. I find a 60mm offset fits most wash basins and pedestals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexible tap connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock