Search the forum,

Discuss Faulty valve actuator? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fantata1

In these warm summer months we switch off the heating circuit but leave the hot water circuit on the timer. This summer the radiators are still getting warm when the water is on.

I did the troubleshooting and have found that the two port valve on the heating is not closing fully on the actuator. The actuator is moving the valve, but I have found that when I take the actuator off I can manually close the valve another 1/4 turn and that fixes the problem (the pump also sounds different so know the flow is changing too). The valve is moving freely so isn't sludged up.

The valves are [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]BGMVSP-2 which I assume are rebranded Drayton ones. Would a new actuator head fix this or should I go ahead and change the whole valve? Note I have already bought a Honeywell to replace the valve but thinking about it would prefer a quick fix without draining the system (being lazy!)
[/FONT]
Any help or advice is appreciated.

Change the body and head mate. You'll kick yourself if you don't. Hardly anything in the price difference.

I've never had an issue by just changing the heads. I must of been lucky.

well sometimes you find a body that don't mind taking head,other times just not interested.......

:eek:

Change the body and head mate. You'll kick yourself if you don't. Hardly anything in the price difference.

i agree with adam+1,false economy not too ,i have found sometimes that a sticking spindle causes the motor to burn out in the first place ,plus they can burst through the spindle

Thanks all. I guess I need to stop being lazy and spend a couple of hours changing the complete valve. Job done right and all........

Thanks all. I guess I need to stop being lazy and spend a couple of hours changing the complete valve. Job done right and all........

No short-cut advice given on this forum....

Laziness and half hearted attempts are not acceptable practices condoned by this forum

* unless you have access to the Plumbers Arms - where all short-cut advice is given freely with guarantees.

Last edited:
Cheapest option would be get the paddle/service kit & possibly replace the motor mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Faulty valve actuator? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock