Discuss F+E tank, water level keeps rising and smells bad too. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys,

Last August got called out to a job where the overflow was running on the F+E, replaced the ball valve and all was well. Got called back today, the water level has risen in the tank again and overflow discharging again.

Ball valve seems to be shutting off fine, no over pumping while I was there. The water in the tank smells really bad.

Maybe split coil but the smell has thrown me off. No dead rodents in the tank either :)

Any ideas?

What's the colour of the water like? And is the f&e lower then the cwsc as it would need to be for it to back fill. Also what speed is the overflow flowing and how often?

The F+E slightly lower I believe from memory.

The overflow was only dripping when I got there but it had obviously had a fair bit come out before that. It has only just started happening over the last couple of days.

Could be a split coil easiest way to check would be to shuts the mains. Turn off all heat sources and drop the f and e by half place a chalk mark on the water level of both tanks tell them not to run any water inc flushing of toilets etc go and do a few hours worth of work pop back and see where the levels are.

What's the colour of the water like? And is the f&e lower then the cwsc as it would need to be for it to back fill. Also what speed is the overflow flowing and how often?

Sorry forgot to say the water is cloudy and dark and has 'slimy' bits floating around in it.

Well if it's pumping over it'll do it after a long hot run time or when circulator suddenly shuts down

I have some parts on order for other jobs there so should find out this week when i go back.

Just wondering if the cold feed is blocked and causing it to pump over if that's likely?

The pump is on 1 if that makes a difference.

It sounds like the coils gone and the system is sludged up and the cold fill and vent piped badly. Which can cause bacteria.Without trying to sound like British Gas , it sounds like it needs an upgrade to a combi with a good flush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to F+E tank, water level keeps rising and smells bad too. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock