Discuss Expensive knee pads. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Christmas is coming and my knees are getting sore.

Got the cheap ones you put in your trousers but when they don't fall out or slide the one side they're not much cop.

Bloke I used to work for used some £25 irwin gel filled jobbies. But they did seem to be constantly sliding down on him.

Anyone use any decent quality knee pads that don't cause you much irritating and work and don't cost more than 30 quid?

I've tried various knee pads, top quality gel jobs, you name it. They all have one thing in common, they end up round your ankles.

I like kneel mats and pads in my trousers. I only use one make of trousers, Fristads. The pocket for the knee pad is on the inside and therefore doesn't slip about so much.

I'll add the link I buy my from.

[DLMURL="http://www.performanceworkclothing.co.uk/product/All_Purpose_Multi-Functional_Work_Trousers_PS25-241_Black_PS25-241-90-C52"]Fristads work trousers with kneepads and cordura[/DLMURL]

They may be expensive but I have a pair of £30 knee pads you can have for free if you want to pay for the postage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, two people with the same idea - sounds promising.

I could get in the habbit of having a mat I reckon. Maybe a couple since they'd soon get in a state.

Which mats do you use? Got a link? Or are they much of a muchness?

Cheers.

@ Barry - LOL - I dunno, a fiver I would have thought!

I use a mat that my mate who works for BT gave me. So I can't really help. It's made from a silver canvas type material with very dense sponge. Very useful, not least because if there is water on the floor it keeps your trousers dry.

Last edited:
i have a piece of dense polystyrene which was packaging from something or other works very well.

Bit of straw in a rubble bag.LOL

My ones are still working the same ..(skateboard kneepads) hard like Brillo.

I have a pair of scruffs knee pads and have tried others but find them really uncomfortable around the back of the knee due to the straps. I tend to sit on my arse now anyways. Much more padding there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Expensive knee pads. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Salus iT500 Internet thermostat. Utilized my day off work today fitting the iT500 after servicing my boiler for the first time since i bought...
Replies
Views
csmithy
C
Back