Search the forum,

Discuss Ever had trading standards called ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ermintrude

Got threatened today when one of our lads replaced non working 837 with 40kw platinum. The 26m 500 elbow gas run with six burner hob was a little low at gas valve (14mbar) 22mm. The previous "gimp" had made a lovely mess of the system to combi. Turns out it was a valliant subby as custard paid valliant directly. So under-gassed and serviced by valliant aswell? Only the last engineer NCS it and that's all. When we said £560 plus the hat to upgrade she got shirty. Only said it was under-gassed after we told her it was going to be an extra. She wanted to know why this wasn't identified on survey........

Have already drafted response to training standards
3d23692a0143a9ce64f8e1d88045c845.jpg

got reported for charging for cutting him off after IDing his boiler, seems i didnt get the 14 credit agreement signed before doing the work!!!!!!!!!!! trading standards more worried about door to door sales rules rather than kicking a so called gsr who had passed the boiler safe for 4 years, despite it having a balanced floor exiting into his brick build workshop................that was40 years old............ rules rules and idiots

Got rid of trading standards, when on his 3rd call to my home I threatened to break every bone in his body and take me to court so a judge could kick the case out and show the world how petty and stupid they were, case dropped the next day............

I had a phone call from them about 15 or 20 years ago about an oil boiler i'd fitted.
It was an external camray, one of those that looked like a big gas box.

I got a call from the customer saying his neighbour had had a boiler fitted and had a capillary fire valve on his and i'd fitted a fusable head which wasn't legal.
I told him it was legal when his was fitted (2 years previous) as the regs had just changed in the past month or 2 regarding fire valves but as a goodwill and to put his mind at ease i would pick one up and stick it on foc next time i was passing.

2 or 3 days later i had the call from trading standards saying he had had a complaint from the said customer.
Mr Standards had obviously done his homework before he called me as he knew all about fire valves when he called me.
I explained the situation,which he agreed with then said to him when you ring the customer back, tell him i've got the KBB in my van which i would have fitted on Friday but since he is such a prik he can now pis of and pay someone else to fit one.
Mr Standard was quite agreeable and i never heard from him or the ex customer again :smile:

Got threatened today when one of our lads replaced non working 837 with 40kw platinum. The 26m 500 elbow gas run with six burner hob was a little low at gas valve (14mbar) 22mm. The previous "gimp" had made a lovely mess of the system to combi. Turns out it was a valliant subby as custard paid valliant directly. So under-gassed and serviced by valliant aswell? Only the last engineer NCS it and that's all. When we said £560 plus the hat to upgrade she got shirty. Only said it was under-gassed after we told her it was going to be an extra. She wanted to know why this wasn't identified on survey........

Have already drafted response to training standards
3d23692a0143a9ce64f8e1d88045c845.jpg

Does Jordie copper taste gweed son,

Not had the pleasure of the standards n fingers crossed it stays like that,

Well copper monkeys. I was in the van waiting for custard today in an ok area of sunderland. Windows steamed up as eating my soup. Door opens. I jump out and it's a scrap man . He's surprised.....
He asks if I've got any copper or brass. And continues to ask and badger me I said to flexi off . He was as expected abusive. His mate demanded to look in back of van and was about to open it . I said foxtrot Oscar mate . I fact no get £40 out of your pocket and give it to me now.

Got in van and drove off so I open side door to get tools, passenger shouts something .... I shouted "why don't you feck off back to your caravan and then get a job you piece of ****" don't think he liked caravan comment as he jumped out of van with s felling axe. I thought I had best just run at him shouting and offering a hug and a kiss. He jumped in van and drove off at 100 miles an hour. I called police. Neighbours saw commotion and also called police. - I spent hour in police station today . Apparently it appears that the scrap man was trying to break into my van and then attempted to assault me! Thanks people of sunderland!

Politzi have traced driver and passenger and hopefully be in court for "affray" at a minimum. Then I went to fix a Vokera!

thats good, teach you not to work on vokeras then :). I expect the pikey will get a caution and you'll be fined being as you have a proven income :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ever had trading standards called ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening all Ok here goes. I replaced a leaking pump under a bath a couple of months ago. The original job was a complete bodge, directly under...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock