Search the forum,

Discuss Employing a gas fitter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Folks,

Just wondered why my job ad on the Job Centre website was so quiet. It isn't - just logged in to it and found 10 applications lol.

Some of them have gas qualifications. If I recruit one of them can I get my business Gas Safe Registered?? That would open up a nice new income stream if it's possible.

Get qualified yourself anyway. If you can only do gas because an employee has the quals, then a) he can pull the wool over your eyes on technical grounds and b) he can hold you to ransom by negotiating a payrise when you are half way through an expensive job that involves gas.

That's true. I guess with this time I have off the tools I could get myself gas qualified. That would be good use of that time I guess!

You can become registered business with your employee having the quals and as long as your paying his wages then it should be ok, i think more problems would arise if it was subbies you were looking for so just make sure youve a good work contract drawn up,
I do subbying for a company who give me shed loads of work, there gas man went offshore over a year ago and they put advert for new one but couldnt find anyone so thats a year ive been doing it and there registration was up last week and they arent going to register again as i have my own , but they have gassafe logos on there vans , letterheads etc so this now becomes false advertising so im gonna sign an agreement stating that they can advertise the gassafe through me,

Can that employee then train me up? If so then employing someone who is GSR is very appealing to be honest. Especially if they can fit bathrooms as well.

Yeh of course he can , just right up a good contract to cover your behind and keep everything on an even keale , and so he doesnt think hes the boss just because your learning lol,

Can that employee then train me up? If so then employing someone who is GSR is very appealing to be honest. Especially if they can fit bathrooms as well.

As a time served plumber you can do an 8/10 week theory course (can be spread over longer time rather than full time as long as they hrs get done) plus you also need to build up a portfolio of evidence which is perfect if you do it on a two man Job that the customer is paying for, like a heating system, however take care that you actually do the gas work and are supervised doing it, it isn't acceptable for you to do the rads and him do the boiler and you to include it in your portfolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Employing a gas fitter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock