Discuss Dripping Ideal HE35 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul Tyack

We have a 2 year old Ideal Isar HE35 combi boiler. Yesterday, I noticed that the pressure has dropped to zero and then saw that the boiler had a slow leak from the bottom. This is on the left hand side. I re-pressurized the system and, being an idiot, couldn't switch the filling loop off. As a result, the pressure meter went to maximum and water started pouring out of the bottom of the boiler casing. I closed the filling loop and this slowed back to the slow drip.
Today, a plumber looked at it and said he couldn't find any problem and that the heat exchanger would need replacing. He presumed the exchanger is cracked. Because of what happened when I over-pressurized the system, I think it might be a leaking pressure release valve. Does this seem likely? Since the plumber's visit, the boiler doesn't work at all and the display flashes H and F.
Any ideas would be great as we can't afford the £600 they are quoting! Thanks!

600 quid lol, few more hundred max and you could probably get a brand new installed depending where you are. Get a gas engineer out to it, not a plumber after a fast buck. If he knew what he was doing he wouldnt pressume anything, its usually quite clear to see where a leak is coming from.

Hi Paul, Its difficult to second guess the engineer who has seen the boiler but as bob said normally it is obvious where it is leaking from.

H-F fault code is a flame rectification fault.
Try pressing the reset button.

Get an engineer in anyway to trace the leak as it is possible the leak could have damaged the electrics.

To put your mind at rest it is highly unlikely you over pressurizing the boiler would cause the heat exchanger to crack, more likely its just a seal or one of the plastic components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dripping Ideal HE35 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back