Search the forum,

Discuss Drainage for a commercial steam cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOSSEP

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Drainage for a commercial steam cooker?

Ive got to do the plumbing connections for a commercial steam oven / cooker. The water supply to it is simple enough, but the drainage is a little tricky. Its got a 50mm waste connection on the back of it, would these normally run into a gully? Im reluctant to hard pipe it in case they need to move it for cleaning. The premises has a basement underneath it with time saver cast soil pipework that can be worked on. If a gully is no good, I was thinking a 54mm copper waste pipe with a copper running trap (they are bloody hard to find though and expensive).

Anyone here have experience with commercial kitchens and some ideas?

Thanks

Martin

Rigid pipe work with a collective tundish down wall and in to gully below grate tho.

Isn't it in the rational or lincat book?

Cheers of the reply.

Its made by Lainox. Its brand new, but somehow the client has no paperwork for it. Ive tried to find a manual online for it, but not having any luck, all I can find is one that says what the pipe connections are for.

I thought your suggestion might be the case, wanted confirmation though. The client aint gonna be happy fitting a gully into and through a 2' reinforced concrete floor!

Last edited:
The client aint gonna be happy fitting a gully into and through a 2' reinforced concrete floor!

But they'll be happy to take all the money they make out of the goods cooked in the oven?

The oven will get moved so the waste discharge has to free to move and fit over a large enough tundish for the oven to be easily lined up when pushed back.

Ah, nothing in the shiny brochure about having to have water and waste connections. (may not be same model as yours)

http://www.lainox.it/lainox/docs/Dep_COMPACT_1013_EN.pdf

Wait till the customer gets the water bill for the 3hr cleaning cycle that commercial combi ovens have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drainage for a commercial steam cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock