Discuss Do you think there is an appetite for [.plumber] as a website domain here in the UK ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

365drills

From 2010 the internet corporation for assigned names and numbers (ICANN) will liberalise the market for domain names.

Currently all addresses end in the extension such as .com and .co.uk etc

But new rules mean your domain can now end with anything!

What are the benefits? Small business can associate itself with anything like locations or even theme based domains.

So for example if we so choose then we can launch .plumber

Question: What is needed to set up this registry?
Answer: Money: The entry costs for each TLD is $185,000 dollars plus you need the technical competence to run the service.

Will someone launch the domain extention .plumber ?

I cant afford it but if it was done then of course I would register

*********.plumber

Anyone reading this and who is ready to get the .plumber domain (or the .forum domain) should go over to icann.org with a cheque book at the ready!

I'm not sure there is the appetite for it but if 1000 UK plumbers got together then the set up cost is about £125 each.

Or maybe its just easier to stick to the dot coms and the dot co dot uk format?

Finally Howabout:
yourname.gassafe
yourname.corgi
yourname.plumber
yourname.boilers
yourname.heating
yourname.plumbing
yourname.???

At the end of the day anyone with $185K can create them. Its just a shame I dont have the money! But you can be sure that the internet will change forever with the ability to have any extension at the end of your domain.

Re: Do you think there is an appetite for [.plumber] as a website domain here in the

Should have been a plumber then you could afford it LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do you think there is an appetite for [.plumber] as a website domain here in the UK ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock