Discuss Coronation Street Carbon Monoxide Plot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subby

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
This week on corrie, they will have a plot on the dangers of faulty boiler installation, apparently inspired by a number of recent tragic events.

"Coronation Street's Fiz Brown will reportedly end up in a coma after breathing in carbon monoxide fumes from a faulty gas boiler.
Viewers will see the factory worker, played by Jenny McAlpine, collapse at home after her boiler isn't fixed properly by Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall)."

Corrie character 'slips into coma in carbon monoxide plot' - Coronation Street News - Soaps - Digital Spy

I wonder if this will give the gas safe guys a spike in business?

This week?
I looked it up on t'interweb and it was reported as a Christmas plotline.
Confused, I am...

I'm sure there was a similar plot a while back on Hollyoaks. Some "Handyman" attempted to fix a boiler. Later on, there was a party & everyone collapsed with carbon monoxide poisoning

This week?
I looked it up on t'interweb and it was reported as a Christmas plotline.
Confused, I am...
OK I don't know when it is going to happen, I just assumed it was this week as I saw the story on the front page of the mirror, my bad.

I'm sure there was a similar plot a while back on Hollyoaks. Some "Handyman" attempted to fix a boiler. Later on, there was a party & everyone collapsed with carbon monoxide poisoning
It happened on eastenders too when heather got poisoned from the fumes of a faulty boiler.

Oh well, not new then. Lol

My mrs watches Corrie & Emmerdale so I'm only fairly up to date with those.

Anyone who say him fix the boiler (i can't find it on youtube)

what boiler was it?
What did he do by "fixing" it?

Just wondering with it being CO; did he use tamper with flue, or open the casing?

I know this will be an important message for using GSR and fitting CO alarms, but if it was only taking front cover off on a RS boiler...

This goes out on Boxing Day by the way. Be interesting to see how close to reality things are portrayed, hopefully Tyrone the 'car mechanic' will end up in prison.
Single mother and factory worker Fiz, played by Jennie McAlpine, will succumb to CO after she gets her friend Tyrone to fix her boiler so she can save money. Tyrone is a car mechanic who is not qualified to mend a boiler and his attempt leads to devastating consequences... more here

If he'd fixed his own boiler he might have got rid of that crazy woman that keeps beating him up!

Sometimes I wonder if there's any hope for that boy!

He fixed someone's boiler before this story plot was ever mentioned, I remember the missus saying to me that it was irresponsible for Corrie to be showing him doing that because it would obviously send out the wrong message - that if you're handy with a spanner you can fix anything.

Good publicity, Corrie did a similar stort line about 10 years ago, I seem to remember, Never even watch the soap.

He fixed someone's boiler before this story plot was ever mentioned, I remember the missus saying to me that it was irresponsible for Corrie to be showing him doing that because it would obviously send out the wrong message - that if you're handy with a spanner you can fix anything.

He has fiddled with Fizzes boiler in the past, possibly the same episode your wife saw. Looks as if they are now returning to it having been told that what they showed before was irresponsible.

Unfortunately, Corrie seems to be getting more like EE by the day, i.e. lots of badly written and poorly researched potted dramas stitched together with little in the way of continuity, or consistency with the character's personality involved.

Showing that men become the victim of male violence was a good theme, but they've milked it dry long ago imo. Tyrone just passively takes being knocked about like a five year-old. Fizz has come to his rescue, and now it seems Tyrone will nearly kill her by fiddling with the boiler again.

Next thing we will probably see is Corrie being sponsored by BG! Bring on the vertical take-off van and the A team to rescue Fizz! lol

Perhaps Tyrone will do a power flush for Fizz and save her from financial ruin!

Last edited by a moderator:
He has fiddled with Fizzes boiler in the past, possibly the same episode your wife saw. Looks as if they are now returning to it having been told that what they showed before was irresponsible.

Unfortunately, Corrie seems to be getting more like EE by the day, i.e. lots of badly written and poorly researched potted dramas stitched together with little in the way of continuity, or consistency with the character's personality involved.

Showing that men become the victim of male violence was a good theme, but they've milked it dry long ago imo. Tyrone just passively takes being knocked about like a five year-old. Fizz has come to his rescue, and now it seems Tyrone will nearly kill her by fiddling with the boiler again.

Next thing we will probably see is Corrie being sponsored by BG! Bring on the vertical take-off van and the A team to rescue Fizz! lol

Perhaps Tyrone will do a power flush for Fizz and save her from financial ruin!

Not sure I'd want to powerflush fiz ha ha

East Enders have played safe, there's a boiler on the wall (in Phil's I think it is) but there's no flue or pipework.

Phil looks like he has a Logic, hope he's registered his warranty.

As there's no sign of it being connected up, it should last a very long time!

Probably 'knock-off' anyway if Phil has followed his usual instincts - chances are he bought it from Mo, who got it from Fat Elvis, who received it from the faceless rogue that supplies the cast of EE with dodgy gear!

I thought it was a nice touch when Alfie continued Peggy's traditional custom of telling everyone to: "GIT AAHT OF MY PUB!!!"

Ha ha ha, good Enders knowledge. Come to think about it, has there ever been a prominant plumbing character on any of the soaps. Loadsa mechanics but who does the plumbing?

Just had a quick look on Twitter to see if the masses are putting 2 and 2 together but it seems a lot of people are putting Fizz's symptoms down to her probably being pregnant. So many people out there completely oblivious to the silent killer.

CO.jpg

Last edited:
Ha ha ha, good Enders knowledge. Come to think about it, has there ever been a prominant plumbing character on any of the soaps. Loadsa mechanics but who does the plumbing?
There was a fat chap a few years ago on Corrie who was a plumber, he went to repair a leaky bath with a coil of 10mm!!

quickly glanced at corrie the other day showing fizz in her kitchen,she has a main 24 eco he, unless he disconnects the flue that aint killing anyone

Should be good for trade though - as soon as they get flu symptoms peeps will be calling out a gas engineer rather than heading for their GP's surgery!

Fizzo's muzzy head is probably due to too many Lemsips!

You couldn't make it up, could you!

Oh they did!

Is this gas safe's way of introducing the new CMDDA1 qualification which has been in the making for the last two years? The industry has been waiting for this qualification to be released so that legislation can be put in place for investigation of fumes in property

Is this gas safe's way of introducing the new CMDDA1 qualification which has been in the making for the last two years? The industry has been waiting for this qualification to be released so that legislation can be put in place for investigation of fumes in property

It's ITV's way of trying to turn a bungle into a positive story line.

Boiler flu is the new 'big scare' (Asian and Bird flu having lost some of the scare factor).

Fizz stitched her finger a few weeks ago trying to mend one of Underworld's sewing machines. The following week the boss (Carla's crooked brother) pointed out that 'the girls' shouldn't be trying to fix their own machines as it goes against elf and safety.

Tyrone is planning to marry the psycho woman that keeps beating him up so that he can get Parental Responsibility for his child, instead of just applying to the Family Court for it as most fathers would.

I hate to think what Jack would say ...... "Eee by gum lad, what a .... ..!" ...."Put kettle on!"

Just watching the story line unfold, it's not Fiz that should be lying unconscious its the next door neighbour as her boiler will be fluing into their kitchen! #nohorizontalfluethere

I dont see how it could be a faulty boiler as it doesnt have any gas or water pipes to it :)

Missed this episode of Corrie but heard Tyrone kicked Fizz's back door in. :uhoh2:

did anybody watch it tonight? had a link to gas safe in thecredits and straight after there was a british gas advert. I wonder how much they pay corrie for that??

did anybody watch it tonight? had a link to gas safe in thecredits and straight after there was a british gas advert. I wonder how much they pay corrie for that??

Less than they'll make in boiler installs unfortunately.

baxi 80 ecos dont have a white facia
baxi grey fascia or white door with black surround
performa grey fascia
main 80 eco he white fascia

sad i know fitted that many

that told me ha ha

Fizzes boiler is on a wall that runs 90 degrees to the back door, and it's a terraced property - could that be the problem?

Will we see the British Gas van pull up in Coronation Street?

Money can't buy you love (so they say) but just about everything else!

Fancy not agreeing with gasman about baxi's :)

i bow to you baxi god sorry please keep your axe in your van ( im not far from you just over the mountain )

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Coronation Street Carbon Monoxide Plot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock