Discuss Copper friction tables- 50 and 60 degree means in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solarCH

Can anyone pls share a link to friction loss table for copper pipes at various dimensions?

I have the CIBSE Guide C but this (and it would appear most online tables) are for 75 degrees, would be useful to have tables for 50 and 60 degree mean temp (ie 45/55 and 50/70 designs)

we don't have a big enough range of pipe sizes in the uk to worry about that its either gonna be 15/22 or 28 just use your common sense

Wouldn't have thought it would be all that much difference, unless you're working right to the limits

we don't have a big enough range of pipe sizes in the uk to worry about that its either gonna be 15/22 or 28 just use your common sense

Bit worried about noise, copper runs in key areas are visible. Rest is MLCP. Its quite a big install, two flats with one boiler and some large rads.

Back to this!

I read flow rates in copper should be between 0,3 and 1,5 m/s, the 0,3 being the limit to avoid sludge and 1,5 the limit for noise.

So the first thing I note is that MLCP 16mm piping has a MAX recommended flow rate of 0,3m/s at the radiators, 0,5m/s rad dist and 1,0m/s in the main dist pipes. Flow rates for 600W rads in a 70/50 design drop to 0,09m/s in the Uponor tables. So is sludge not a problem with MCLP?

There are 4-6m sections in the next install which cant be buried so instead of MLCP, we will use copper pinned to the wall and painted. So we have small 1,2kW rads at the end of 4m runs which must pass at less than 0,5m of people seated. Worried about noise, though we could run at 15 or 18 until I did the math: with a 70/50 design, 18x1,0mm would have a flow of 0,07m/s for a 1.2kW rad... so even a 10x0,6mm pipe would only be 0,24m/s.

Are these figures right? Can we solve the sludge issue with chemicals?

Yes you can. Chemicals and good quality materials make a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Copper friction tables- 50 and 60 degree means in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock