Discuss conventional system pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
doing some tests on a faulty pump from a conventional system,, with a multimeter.....In the book ive got it says the range of ohms with a working pump in 120-200, and the reading im get with this pump are 340.0, 280.0 and 0.03 could any 1 tell me what these readings mean, thanks pipeline.

I've always gone with 160 ohms = good and 300+ ohms = wearing out

but if it's an new modulating pump ignore the above

I go with.

is there power....yes....is it working?.....no.....does it smell funny?.....yes.............................................its buggered.:coffee:

thanks guys,, hadnt used a multi meter till the other day so just messing round,, also thats what my boss said,, if it aint working just change it... simple,

You would use the multimeter to establish there was power to the pump if there is and its not spinning it duff

However on some boilers a duff pump will take the board out this is when you check the ohms reading before fitting the board or it will take the new board out same goes for fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to conventional system pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock