Discuss condensation on flue cage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sheff paul

Fitted an 831 the other day,called back to finish and the custard was a bit alarmed to have drops of condensation forming on the flue cage,as an icy blast of wind roared up the passage way direct from Newyork..

basket was there to prevent burns originally, why bother with a condensing boiler?

Also, if there are any trees nearby, the guard helps to stop some leafs going inside the flue and a boiler.

From BS:

Where any terminal or air inlet is accessible from ground level or if it
could be subject to damage, it shall be fitted with a protective guard. In
the absence of any specific instruction from the manufacturer, a
suitable guard shall be provided whenever a terminal or air inlet is fitted
less than 2.0 m above ground, above a balcony or above a flat roof to
which people have access. The dimensions of the guard shall be such
that, when fitted in accordance with the appliance manufacturer’s
instructions, no part of the guard shall be less than 50 mm from any part
of the terminal or air inlet (not including any wall plate). The guard shall
not have any sharp edges likely to cause injury nor shall any opening
permit the entry of a ball of 16 mm diameter when applied with a force
of 5 N.

yes we can all read the 'regs',but when the condensation drips from the terminal and stains the brickwork and a 8 grand drive way,top end job,in a good area,no vandal risk,or vagrant kids stuffing crap down it.The regs ought to be changed,are they wrote by the same fool who stopped us fitting unvented HW until the mid 80's,while the rest of the world took advantage of an English invention?

yes we can all read the 'regs',but when the condensation drips from the terminal and stains the brickwork and a 8 grand drive way,top end job,in a good area,no vandal risk,or vagrant kids stuffing crap down it.The regs ought to be changed,are they wrote by the same fool who stopped us fitting unvented HW until the mid 80's,while the rest of the world took advantage of an English invention?

I take, it you are not having a good day… OK, let’s not read any regs by some fool. What are we gonna do about it? Keep our heads down and still follow the regs by some fool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to condensation on flue cage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock