Search the forum,

Discuss condensate/relief discharge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,I am aware pressure relief pipe discharge pipe must be seen to be discharging as a warning etc. Has anyone come up with a suitable method of discharging via condensate using a tundish and a method of sealing the condensate pipe so possible fumes don't enter property [maybe incorporating a trap or other]I ask because so often I find it quite hard to find suitable exit and termination point.

I would not discharge the prv into the condensate, too many potential problems.

If you are having problems running the prv discharge pipe, link the prv outlet under the boiler to the CH return pipework and then cut in a second prv elsewhere in the pipework (loft etc).

you would need to consult the manufacture about this as many boilers have iso valves that could isolate the expansion vessel from the external prv.

you would need to consult the manufacture about this as many boilers have iso valves that could isolate the expansion vessel from the external prv.

By using the method I stated, you are not taking any of that away.
You are still using the integral expansion vessel and the integral prv is still in situ.

Just adding another to the system. (I am just thinking of a combi system here though).

Last edited:
your right armourer, i read elsewhere about blanking the prv, awheating would then be correct, but your idea has eliminated the fact there are iso valves in line.

Sorry chaps , Do not block off a boilers PRV/ connect into the return pipe :61:.

Maybe fit an additional one somewhere visible.

If you do and your adjustment fails, Worst scenario Gas/ Water explosion !!

Even Ryan Giggs solicitor wont talk you a way out of this one.

Its not an adjustment its an addition.

So where would you suggest the existing prv terminates too?
My method is no more dangerous or likely to fail than an internal.

In fact what is the back up for a PRV? just the temperature stats.

I have not just made this up it was a solution to an installation problem direct from Worcester technical.

If you can come up with a suitable reason, I will gladly rethink.

Last edited:
To late for me to quote BS nos ect, but no modifications are to be made to any gas boiler/ appliance.

All appliances/ nearly all things sold in UK have CE TYPE APPROVAL.

If you alter that, You are liable for the consequences.

A throw away comment ? from a tech help guy who suggests something!

If you listen to the usual disclaimer they cover their arse for any advice given.

If reqd move the appliance.

I could not agree more, but whats the modification.

If you put a gate valve in a flow pipe have you modified the appliance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to condensate/relief discharge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock