Discuss compent persons schemes un vented cylinders HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

divingdog5

hi to one and all to night i was at college doing my electrics c&G 2330 i am a plumber and a member of the gas safe registrar, i was talking to one of the lectures who recently had a unvented cylinder installed buy a local plumber , this local plumber had completed a training course in hws including g3 unvented cylinders , as i understand it, i could be and probably am wrong ;you need to contact building regs 10 days before the install to let them know what is happening am i correct ?? now my argument was if this chap has completed a competency course he should be able to self certify correct ??? as i learnt tonight to my horror my lecture explained that you need to be a member of an organisation to self certify uhwc is this correct he is a electrical tutor ? what are the rules , im a bit shocked as i thought buy doing the course you comply to building regs ect and dont have to pay the building inspector ... to certify the works , buy the way he refused to pay the plumber untill he becomes a member of a plumbing or heating body and its not me !.
i am a bit confused as today i installed correctly i may add a unvented system do i need also to become a memberof a body or does my ticket cover me . and if not what body should i look to , is it simply another money making scheme ??

and i opted to do the city and guilds instead of the part p as i feel its the proper way to do it 1 and a half years in and i must add its proving to be a great course instead of 5 days part p training ..

THANKS FOR LOOKING

You do need to be a member of a competants scheme, as they will do the paper work for you. It will still require registering with building control. However instead of a site visit from a BCO you fill out the paper work and send it off your self. Self certification.

I do mine via The Gas Safe Register at a cost of about £2.50. Not going to break the bank and I need to be a member of GS for the other work I do.

Be very careful about investing any 'more' in CPS schemes - especially stuff like unvented, wrass etc. Many of these certificates are not worth the paper they are written on, and many installers don't bother anymore.

For example, low pressure hot-water cylinder installations have to be notified too. But, does anyone notify replacement low pressure hot water cylinders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to compent persons schemes un vented cylinders HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back