Discuss Commercial plumbing/ fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael david

Hi all was wondering if any of the lads on here do any commercial plumbing and what u think of it av done both but find commercial a bit better, started fitting a 13tonne pitch heating boiler today never seen nothing like it in me life ! Haha

No but the plumber I used to use started out as a pipe fitter and welder and he used to call house stuff lego or kiddies toys !
Put him on a bit of iron with a threading machine and he was like a pig in
He did his apprentiship with his dad as the foreman and said his dad was hardest on him as did not want any favouritism shown !
These days most Daddies boys are oxygen thieves !

Last edited by a moderator:
But surely commercial blends in to domestic when the houses get larger ?
I have to agree working on anything built after about 1900 or with less than 6 bedrooms is not much fun ?

Ok. So would you call a range rover a commercial vechile? Just because it's big and heavy?

No. That's why a large house is still domestic

Commercial is usually attributed to offices and hotels etc

Industrial is usually factories etc

I disagree
In fact GASSAFE disagree too ?
Try running a large house system with domestic appliances ?
You move in to a totally different league with hot water generators to ensure Lord Ha ha has hot water when he wants it !
Mr and mrs La de da hate it when little johny the resident gardener turns on the garden sprinkler system and the shower loses pressure !
You are talking 50 mm mains in to these type of houses and it may be domestic in name but it blows your average plumber away ?

Last edited by a moderator:
isnt some irish cockney on here a bit commercial, he's certainly a heavy weight in his field, doesnt seem to stand out though due to his lickle legs :)

a house is a house im my eyes, 2 bed, 6 bed whatever.................... stick in a combi!! :)

im doing my apprentice with with some 1 that does commercial and domestic. at the moment i look at domestic and have a good idea what im looking at.. commercial i look and think what the hell :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Commercial plumbing/ fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hello, i'm doing some heatloss calculations, going by a fairly old plumbing book. The formula for calculating heatloss would be Surface Area x...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock