Discuss commercial gas rate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
is there a difference between gas rating a normal domestic appliance and doing a commercial one

I knew one of the answers will be;
if commercially qualified you should know this and if youre not you shouldnt be touching commercial appliances

but i just wanted to satisfy my curiosity and if I do touch a commercial appliance I promise to use Kirk Gas' name on the paperwork

Gas rate is gas rate, however I'm Commercial and never done Domestic, honest.
However it's very difficult to do gas rate on commercial sites, quite often too many burners to isolate.

You just do it as it was a Dom meter.

Turbine meters are the same too

I get the impression you haven't sat a commercial course

If your not qualified. Don't touch it.

If your not qualified. Don't touch it.
its alright i'm using some elses name on the paperwork :jester:

but being serious, i wont touch it till or if I get the qualification, I was just curious, there seems to be more similarities than differences between domestic and commercial

The TT course is 3days on its own

not that I'm knowledgeable on the commercial stuff in any real way but I seem to remember that on large capacity imperial meters you need to be mindful of the volume of gas per revolution of the meter index - whereas on the 6m^3/hr imperial meters, 1 rev is one cubic foot, on the bigger ones, I think one rev of the index could be more, and this could obviously have implications for gas rating. hats off to the commercial guys - industrial testing and purging scares the hell out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to commercial gas rate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock