Discuss combi to combi £800 fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some info on the price cutting boiler swoppers, i'll no name & shame but there's 2 guys involved, in partnership i believe, 1 in bellshill & 1 in coatbridge, drumpellier i'm told . ring any bells kirk

not ringing any bells, send me a PM with their names, just out of noseyness, i wont post on it or comment

I give the option to the customer of a ferroli optimax with 5 years warranty £499 inc clock and flue and £300 labour or worcester greenstar around £1000 inc flue and clock with 2 years warranty and £300 labour, combi to combi! think u can guess which customer goes for!!

If you are stupid enough to do a combi change for a few hundred pounds more fool you , I know a guy who drives a top of the range van that is empty bar a hose and a few fittings. The prices he charges he only needs to work one day a week , He does not do breakdowns or call outs.

if they aint registering the boiler could even be a band B, there are still band B's being sold, boiler flue and clock for around £400, for £800 its gonna be a crap boiler and a crap job and I would bet my bottom dollar its not done to regs.

its easily done in 3-5 hours and the place is often left cleaner than when i first go in !
To be honest if your taking 8/9 hours to do a combi combi swap then you must spend half the day looking at the job rather than actually working !!

if the job is well planned,and you can get a 8am start finnished loads by dinnertime,takes a day when your running the gas back to the meter.If youve worked on price work for some of the big companies you find yourself doing it quicker than guys who have only worked for themselves,but 800 quid is taking the ****.

If you are stupid enough to do a combi change for a few hundred pounds more fool you , I know a guy who drives a top of the range van that is empty bar a hose and a few fittings. The prices he charges he only needs to work one day a week , He does not do breakdowns or call outs.

i think there is a balance, a guy working for £200 per day has an annual top line of about £50k, depending on days worked, less allowances and costs its up to him if its enough or not, however a guy who charge someone enough for a days work that does him all week is charging way too much in my opinion, cause if he is earning 40-50k (as we are saying is barely enough if SE) for one day a week then i think thats too much

I will fit a boiler for £200 cash if needed on other end of spectrum i will fit one for £400 if i can get away with it .The way i look at it if i dont do it someone else will .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to combi to combi £800 fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back