Discuss CO poisoning from stealing lead from flashing and trying to nick flue for scrap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Sale

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've put in the open forum to let the public see what actions of playing with a flue or stealing the lead and flue will Kill.

Here is the story from a GSR, It could of easily been the Gsr up in court on charges if had not taken photo's.

Plumb For Your Life: Danger: dick head on the roof

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: CO poisoning from stealing lead from flashing and trying to nick flue for scarp.

doh dyslexic moment, should say Scrap.

Re: CO poisoning from stealing lead from flashing and trying to nick flue for scarp.

Bloody lucky no one was killed! Could happen to any of us!

Interesting Story, Feel sorry for the worry the installer had, but sure if there had been a full investigation by the authorities they would have come up with a fair conclusion.

Its good to see these type of stories on the forum.

There are some crazy people around. I've seen 2" copper vertical risers slashed in tower blocks just for the metal and left blowing,also ECVs nicked and left blowing and outlet pipe on outside walls nicked with the meter left revving away all night or for quite a while !

certainly food for thought and raises some serious questions.

Not what you want, I know of the bloke who writes this blog. There is a problem with scrap theft round here to be honest.

Wow that's crazy, he must have been bricking it when he got the call.
I guess more of a reason to take photos of installs and work done in case of incidents like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CO poisoning from stealing lead from flashing and trying to nick flue for scrap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock