Discuss Cistermiser faulty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I had a phone call this morning asking if I can have a look at a possible cistermiser fault. It's in a community centre and I have been told the cistermiser is possibly not working and the urinals are starting to smell.

I'm going there thinking it could be a possible waste pipe issue so I don't get stuck focusing on the cistermiser.

If it does turn out to be the cistermiser, are there any possible faults to look out for? Are they something that's worth repairing if possible or best to replace?

im not familiar with them and I only have about 45 minutes in the morning to diagnose.

Thanks.

you cant repair them and is the auto syphon working

Most likely cause urinals are blocked and the water to the cistern has been turned off to prevent flooding........not one of my favorite jobs you have my sympathy.....lol regards Turnpin:D

you cant repair them and is the auto syphon working

Where abouts would I find the auto siphon? Just did a quick google check and looks as though could be an easy fix if it's that.

Last edited:
Most likely cause urinals are blocked and the water to the cistern has been turned off to prevent flooding........not one of my favorite jobs you have my sympathy.....lol regards Turnpin:D

:)

Will be a first for me. Not something I'm familiar with working on but if I say no I'll never learn.

Where abouts would I find the auto siphon? Just did a quick google check and looks as though could be an easy fix if it's that.

in the cistern :D

Auto syphons are different sizes depending on how many urinals are fed from the cistern ....both in height and the diameter of the syphon outlet....if this turn's out to be the fault take the old one with you to your merchant for an exact replacement......best of luck regards Turnpin:)

also take a female iron with you jay to syphon size to 22mm

Sorry to ask again but how do I rule out the cistermiser is there a way to test it?

Sorry to ask again but how do I rule out the cistermiser is there a way to test it?

if its got power either via a battery or mains its either solenoid or main pcb,

if its filling the cistern its not that

Some do have a reset button on top if its fitted into a suspended ceiling tile you may have to search for the button ...obviously check if you have a power supply.....could also be the solenoid is faulty ......a lot of urinal controls and pipe work are concealed behind panels and a panel suction tool will be a great help.......take some pictures of the install tomorrow if you need any more advice...regards Turnpin;)

Bucket of water down the urinals, prove they're not blocked.

Check the petcock, they normally scale up..

Then go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint and wait for all this to blow over. How's that for a nice slice of fried gold?

2016-11-26-09-02-21-572999035.jpg

All sorted.

Single urinal in the gents, community centre. Cistermiser activates when hands washed, not a lot of hand washing getting done I assume.

Appeared to be airlock on the siphon. Filled cistern with bucket, urinal flushed. Kept activating cistermiser to fill siphon, all working.

Repaired a small leak on the flush pipe.

Thanks for all the help.

Now on my way to the Winchester.

All sorted.

Single urinal in the gents, community centre. Cistermiser activates when hands washed, not a lot of hand washing getting done I assume.

Appeared to be airlock on the siphon. Filled cistern with bucket, urinal flushed. Kept activating cistermiser to fill siphon, all working.

Repaired a small leak on the flush pipe.

Thanks for all the help.

Now on my way to the Winchester.

Them ones are a pita they sense the water pressure drop and fill but half the time they don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cistermiser faulty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need some advice please. My Baxi boiler went recently faulty. A Baxi engineer came and fixed it in 10 minutes, he said that the ignition lead...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am hoping someone can give me some advice. We have had two leaks at home in the last 2 weeks; luckily we were in for both events and...
Replies
Views
T
For about a year, my shower on a third floor is giving an on off gas smell sometimes after a shower and particularly in the morning not long after...
Replies
Views
Timmy1
T
For about a year, my shower on a third floor is giving an on off gas smell sometimes after a shower and particularly in the morning not long after...
Replies
Views
Back