Search the forum,

Discuss Incorrectly connected ignition lead in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I need some advice please. My Baxi boiler went recently faulty. A Baxi engineer came and fixed it in 10 minutes, he said that the ignition lead was connected incorrectly. He said that although the boiler was working, it was struggling until it failed.
The boiler was serviced 2 months ago by a different engineer (I hope the lead was not connected then incorrectly on purpose to create the need for a repair - I know, I am being a bit cynical but anything is possible).

Now... Regardless who connected it incorrectly, should this problem not be spotted and fixed by the engineer carrying out the service or would it not be included a routine check? Obviously it makes a big difference as if it was spotted and fixed I would not have to call the engineer and pay for the repair.

Please advise

Wasn’t the boiler under warranty hence the need for a baxi engineer?

The warranty finished earlier this year. But we still went with Baxi for service.

Domestic and general service cost / plan

Depends if the service agent touched that part might of been mis aligned a couple of years ago

Depends if the service agent touched that part might of been mis aligned a couple of years ago
Tha

Thanks. Are you saying that it isn't duty of a service man to routinely check alignment/connection of the ignition lead as a part of service? Would it not be a part of checking that
  • Electrical connections are clean and in good condition
  • Fans and other key components are working efficiently?

Tha

Thanks. Are you saying that it isn't duty of a service man to routinely check alignment/connection of the ignition lead as a part of service? Would it not be a part of checking that
  • Electrical connections are clean and in good condition
  • Fans and other key components are working efficiently?

No unless there’s signs of overheating etc how would the service engineer know did he say where was miss aligned as on one end it just pushes on etc

Rather than go to Baxi, develop a relationship with a local firm/engineer for your next service(s) and then if anything like this should happen again you may have some comeback.

Reply to Incorrectly connected ignition lead in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock