Discuss Changing the MCS in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right all you guys who are members of CIPHE go onto the CIPHE forum and have your say there as well as here . The president is singing Micks praises , but unless the membership start expressing their views on there I fear the institute will do nothing but blog.

Right all you guys who are members of CIPHE go onto the CIPHE forum and have your say there as well as here . The president is singing Micks praises , but unless the membership start expressing their views on there I fear the institute will do nothing but blog.
What are they saying on the Baxi forum, Toddyplumb? (not allowed on there..grumble..moan...grumble) :)

RE: Micks Blog & Mark Weston
I think this guy has been drinking MCS "Kool-aid". The consumer protection that MCS provides?? uh.. I think that will be REA listing nothing to do with MCS QMS. He seems to think that because someone is MCS accredited then the consumer will get higher standards of installation? I reckon Unguided could show him a few "high standard installations".
Its noticeable to see that out of the posts that are on Micks blog, only this individual is against the arguments for it to be reconsidered.

How is the Government going to achieve the renewables target set by Europe without getting the small firms involved I know people would rather use someone from a recommendation rather than a large company with a glossy ad.
We should all write to our MP's and state that we will from now only be promoting the use of gas and oil boilers and persuade customers not to use renewables as the standard of installation from MCS registered companies is very poor and massively overpriced, If enough plumbers did this maybe they'd take notice.

I have replied to Mark's message on Mick's blog with this,

Some of the MCS certified companies that I have had dealings with are installing Solar Thermal and ASHP's with no previous experience of plumbing, they are a detriment to the industry. And to say small companies would be in it for a fast buck is a joke, the like of "fit the best" double glazing companies aren't! I see they can offer 35% discount in the summer sale, well as a small company I'm sure if I was MCS certified and then added 400%
to my £3000- £4000 for solar thermal I could then have a summer sale!!!!!!!!! Oh and yes they do try to charge £18k for a small domestic solar system!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about san izal toilet roll from school, it was more like sanded greaseproof paper.

I know all of our MP's are whiter than white and totally honest but just imagine if they decided to invest in renewable energy companies to cream off some of the massive profits being made from solar PV they wouldn't want too many small installation companies undercutting them would they!
Of course it would never happen in this country would it:smilewinkgrin:

Well, I just ranted on the CIPHE forum, hopefully I haven't upset anyone! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing the MCS in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m after some advice. I would like to make the move into gas and heating engineering. Currently I’m looking at the routes...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock