Search the forum,

Discuss Career Change - Gas and Heating in the Plumbing Courses area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone, I’m after some advice.

I would like to make the move into gas and heating engineering. Currently I’m looking at the routes available and think that going through a training centre would be most suitable for me.

Some background: I’m a junior structural engineer and have spent about 6 years in a design office in total.

Before this I completed a 4 year apprenticeship in mechanical maintenance at a nuclear facility. I gained an NVQ in mechanical engineering maintenance and some general pipe fitting skills amongst other things.

My concern is how employable id be after taking the gas course. I’m looking at going with Able Skills as their course looks quite thorough.

I know the traditional route is to do an apprenticeship, but given that I’ve done one already albeit in an industrial setting, and have bills to pay, its not feasible for me.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

Hi there.

I am selling my study at your own pace C&G NVQ1-3 including gas safe plumbers course. I cant complete it due to work commitments.

This is a full course: Study at home, Practical instruction at the college

Let me know if you are interested

Attachments

• ccd8f6d42facd83ab37894cc7ee5d5aa4033e49f63979.jpg
    ccd8f6d42facd83ab37894cc7ee5d5aa4033e49f63979.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 6
What sort of work do you want to do? It’s quite a varied trade.
Those courses don’t give you much real world experience so you will have to start as a mate/improver/apprentice

Those courses don’t give you much real world experience so you will have to start as a mate/improver/apprentice
Agreed, nothing beats an everyday apprentice position. But this course does include 5 x weekend praticle, then real world work before sitting one's exams. Not many people can afford to stop working and focus on studying.

ntcstudents.co.uk/

I’m interested in doing central heating installations and boiler servicing/repair.
The plan would be to do the course, then do further training through boiler manufacturers. From there possibly trying to go part time with my job and work as a plumbers mate alongside.

Reply to Career Change - Gas and Heating in the Plumbing Courses area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock